Very poor performance

Reeshan

Question

Hi everyone,

I just started playing Skyrim again and installed nearly all the mods from the STEP. The performance was awful, so I uninstalled everything and started to add the mods one by one testing the performance every once in a while.

Everything worked fine until I started installing B3 graphics mods. I actually thought by then (I tested the game after installing Skyrim Redesigned and everything worked just fine) that the performance issues were caused by some old mod I had installed before that hadn't uninstalled properly or something like that. I installed most of the B3 mods but the only red-FPs mods I installed were Lush Grass (that I tested individually because of reports of bad performance, no problems), HQ Winterhold and Burn-Freeze-Shock Effects.

I'm puzzled because the game worked well with most of the bad-FPS mods installed prior the B3 mods. Have you had these kinds of troubles? Has some other B3 mod reportedly cause very bad performance?

My computer:

AMD Phenom II X4 Processor (3,2 GHz)

ATI Radeon HD 5570

RAM 4Gb

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Yes, I followed the recommendations to the letter, graphic drivers are up to date and CCC is set as instructed.

The resolution was probably 60% 2048 and 40% 1012, but I didn't have too many problems before I started installing the B3 mods. So all the performance-heavy mods were installed and they were working. After I installed Skyrim Redesigned (the last mod from the B2 list) and Lush Grass, everything worked. Thanks for the tip with aero-disabling.

Is there some mod (in the B3 list) that isn't mark a red-fps that could cause these problems?

Reesham, you haven't mentioned how much vram you have. It is critical if you have 1GB or less that you only install 1024 or less textures, the issue is not a single mod but the accumulated performance drop after you install all 200 mods, at some point you will hit the straw that breaks your computers back and run into issues.