Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

Texture Pack Combiner by Cestral provides a batch file that generates a texture folder which individually selects textures from 3 different texture sources. Two of them, Skyrim Realistic Overhaul and Skyrim HD - 2K textures, are already used in STEP. The third, Serious HD Retexture Skyrim, is not used by STEP.

It uses a lot more SRO textures (vs. Skyrim HD - 2K textures) than the STEP recommendations, and uses a few textures from Serious HD Retexture Skyrim.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that looks nice. I'll definitely have to try it this weekend. maybe someone could post some comparison images too, else maybe I will. (though I'm heavily modded, so it wouldn't be a vanilla STEP vs TPC)

Edit: speaking of textures, I've seen some bad texture transitions with S.T.E.P. notable the snowy roads and some other dirt roads are very noticeable in some areas.

true, but I just don't see that method frihyland posted being included in STEP due to the complexity of it. and aren't STEP users just taking your choices/work too? running a simple .bat file after extracting some archives would be a lot more user friendly and could also be adapted and customized (with our own .bat file) for STEP after more extensive testing and comparison (or as an optional step in the pdf). this should be no more complex than our current method of telling people to delete xx files and install SRO not once but twice while excluding certain files, we could do it all in one go.

just my $0.02 anyways

I was more indirectly replying to Frihlyand's comment due to the implication that the tool is better. I was trying to point out that there is a very clear difference in intended use that doesn't make one better than the other, as each serves complete opposite ends of the usage spectrum.

I doubt even the tool will make it into STEP beyond a possible mention that it is available. It's still great to have these tools brought to everyone's attention as some folks may very well find them useful.

I posted this primarily because of the work the author did to try selecting good textures, and I'm interested in the views of the readers of this forum on these choices since they have a lot of expertise in evaluating textures. If I were going to do this task myself I would certainly use the tool posted by Frihlyand as it would undoubtedly save time. Even then, however, I'd sometimes like to have a screen with the delta picture as z929669 showed when comparing tree fullness in the DDSopt thread.

I've noticed this as well and I'll play around with it, but I tend to prefer Skyrim HD over SRO and I haven't used the Serious HD package yet. Even if this mod isn't included it's a very good concept, at least until more progress is made on the more extensive "Semi-Automatic STEP" where all of the mods can be melded together.