Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, i have another mod to suggest for inclusion: Skyrim Redesigned. this one is Very modular so since you are very good at spotting worth textures, you can include it in TPC selecting only the good stuff from it ;)

Skyrim Redesigned is on my list and I will probably begin with that in a couple of days. I'll try to wrap up the additions for v1.5 first so it'll have to wait for 1.6. Tobes Highres Textures will be one of the additions to 1.5 though unless this problem texture doesn't get fixed. I don't like leaving things incomplete, and I definitely don't like including artifacts and errors no matter how nice a texture looks. They are immersion breakers and have no place in the TPC.

I already tried using other textures in its place, so while it is doable, I don't like the fact that it removes the uniqueness of the upper class furniture. The SMIM texture is looking more lower class than the common furniture so I'm also intent on not using those. So I'm really bent on getting this texture fixed. I might just have to do it myself.

Oh btw, I believe I read somewhere that STEP recommends using Vurt's Compatibility Patch from the Lush Trees page instead of the patch from Trees HD (assuming you use all three). May I ask why?

Also, i have another mod to suggest for inclusion: Skyrim Redesigned. this one is Very modular so since you are very good at spotting worth textures, you can include it in TPC selecting only the good stuff from it ;)

Skyrim Redesigned is on my list and I will probably begin with that in a couple of days. I'll try to wrap up the additions for v1.5 first so it'll have to wait for 1.6. Tobes Highres Textures will be one of the additions to 1.5 though unless this problem texture doesn't get fixed. I don't like leaving things incomplete, and I definitely don't like including artifacts and errors no matter how nice a texture looks. They are immersion breakers and have no place in the TPC.

I already tried using other textures in its place, so while it is doable, I don't like the fact that it removes the uniqueness of the upper class furniture. The SMIM texture is looking more lower class than the common furniture so I'm also intent on not using those. So I'm really bent on getting this texture fixed. I might just have to do it myself.

Oh btw, I believe I read somewhere that STEP recommends using Vurt's Compatibility Patch from the Lush Trees page instead of the patch from Trees HD (assuming you use all three). May I ask why?

Probably because the Trees HD patch is from December and lush trees is February.

Idon't use Lush stuff since they spoil the lore for me, Skyrim is supposed to be a cold and barely hospitable place, not a lush heaven :P

But the reason is that patch from lush trees is more recent.

One thing I'd love to see is a little check for each of the folders in the intro of the bat (alongside the Combined folder's placement) so people know which mods are installed and installed properly before they start the combining process. All it'd have to do is check each mod folder for one file that you know will be there and then display "Skyrim HD - OK" or "Skyrim HD - MISSING"; something like that.

EDIT: Why isn't SMIM's ESP included in the copying?