50 replies to this topic

#46 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

hmm... I think something has changed with the way MO/xEdit is handling these files. I just verified my files with Steam, to restore them to 'dirty' and then using MO 1.3.5 and xEdit 3.1.0 I cleaned the 'Update.esm' and my cleaned file and a TES5Edit Backups folder with datestamped original Update.esm are both in my 'Overwrite' folder and nothing in my Data folder.

Retried it with Dawnguard and exactly the same result. This is going to be tricky to figure out if different versions are placing the files in different locations.

#47 zilav

zilav

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

This is going to be tricky to figure out if different versions are placing the files in different locations.

It depends on MO and nothing else. xEdit uses windows API to write files in Data folder only, it doesn't even know about existence of "overwrite" folder or anything else tied to MO.

#48 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

It depends on MO and nothing else. xEdit uses windows API to write files in Data folder only, it doesn't even know about existence of "overwrite" folder or anything else tied to MO.

Yep, I meant only MO versions.

#49 ACiDC0re

ACiDC0re

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

I'm using MO 1.3.4. After using TS5Edit the cleaned files are in the overwrite and Skyrim\Data folder.

#50 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

Can you upgrade to 1.3.5 and see if you get the same result as me? ie. nothing in the Data folder and ONLY in the 'overwrite'.

#51 ACiDC0re

ACiDC0re

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

I think that worked :)

The original .esm files were removed from the \data folder and put into the overwrite folder. I created new folders inside the mods directory of MO.

Now my load order looks like this. (see attached file)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users