Photo

Cant run fallout new Vegas with mod organizer OH NOO!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

Hi im new to mod organizer and wondering if there is something simple im overlooking i just transferred all of my mods from nmm. now that i have set up all my mods that i want it wont seem to run the game. i click on run set to 4gb or nvse or the normal launcher and nothing happens i get the nvse black cmd box or the 4gb loading bar but then nothing. i can run new Vegas normally from either one of those fine the mods wont work for obvious reason since there in mod organizer files and not in my new Vegas directory but runs fine no errors. I am horrible at typing messages and i apologize and thank you for the help.        

#2 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:15 AM

Okay with the 4gb loader you need to follow these instructions: https://wiki.step-pr...w_Vegas_Updated

You can just follow the 4gb loader instructions and ignore everything else.

#3 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

so i did as you instructed above and this hasn't seemed to help unfortunately same issue only change is that when i start the game wth 4gb it says access denied i have tried running it as a administrator same thing. thanks a lot for the help!

i should also put that i dont mind it running it with just nvse. but none of the launchers seem to be working.  

Edited by hamburgerhelperman, 17 July 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#4 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Is fallout in the program files folder? It can be there.

#5 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

fallout new vegas is indeed in my programs 86 yes.  its a steam install. 

#6 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

You cannot run modded setup from that folder because it has UAC. You need to move your steam install out of there. Steam has a page of how to do it. Just google it.

#7 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Will mod organizer recgonize the new location of my fallout new vegas directory once moved?

#8 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

My install looks like this

E:SteamLibrarySteamAppscommonFallout New VegasMod Organizer

So MO is within FNV. My Skyrim is set up similarly (yes each game needs its own MO install). Each has their own shortcut, so it all goes to plan. I suppose if you already have mods installed in your MO for FNV directory you could just move the Mod Organizer piece to your new FNV directory and be fine.

Edited by redirishlord, 17 July 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#9 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Will mod organizer recgonize the new location of my fallout new vegas directory once moved?

Run the vanilla launcher after you move steam to reset the registry stuff because lots of stuff like boss use those to get the games location.

#10 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

It works thank you so much!

#11 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Alright well nevermind after restarting my computer it no longer works same issue nvse and 4gb not loading. 

#12 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Make sure that you edit the NVSE and 4g Loader directories in MO. click the drop down for the executable and hit edit, then put in the correct path since you just changed it. Sorry, forgot to mention that part.

#13 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

this has been done same with downloads and web cache and all that. it was working just fine before i restarted my computer so i have no clue i think im just modding impaired lol thanks for the help.  

#14 hamburgerhelperman

hamburgerhelperman

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

If this helps it loads as if its about to start up but then closes checked with fnvedit loot etc no mod issues.

#15 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

What is your modlist? How many BSAs do you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users