Photo

Cant run fallout new Vegas with mod organizer OH NOO!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

@GSDFan

Yes, I have Czech version. The checking "Overwrite Steam Appid" didn't work, but I've put it as an argument to the 4GB for NV and the mods work, but there's different problem. There is no text in the whole game, nothing in the menu, no dialogs, no inventory showed, here is a screen what for example Pipboy looks like:

https://www.flickr.c...05/14897758445/

Does the UI mod you have installed work with Czech version? I don't know how all that stuff works and if the characters from language are all the same as English. 

#32 DanimalCZ

DanimalCZ

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

Well, I don't have any UI changing mod installed yet (I have only Enhanced Camera and Weapons of Millenia - just to try if the mods work in general), but that shouldn't be the problem, since I installed the game in English. This goes for the menu also (https://www.flickr.c...05/14712883578/) weird... :/

#33 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Try changing the argument to -laaexe .FalloutnvMO.exe and see if that changes anything.

Edit: this is in the 4gb launcher.

#34 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

oh remove the font edits from your ini... if youre not using the English Darnif UI

I was helping a friend and this was an issue

#35 DanimalCZ

DanimalCZ

Prisoner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

WOOP WOOP, everything is working now. The argument didn't work, but I installed the Darnified UI and the text is back on (different font, but that's OK). I didn't mess with the ini files at all and just tryied it and it IS WORKING, mods are there, everything...

Just a note. I tryied to install "Project Nevada" mod before the Darnified UI and the Project Nevada itself didn't help - text was still missing. There is obviously some collision between these two, but I noticed there are some patches. I won't bother you with that, I should manage.

So to sum it up:

- I installed the game through Steam (I have Czech version - although I let it install in English), then proceeded according to the STEP (https://wiki.step-pr...FalloutNewVegas) untill I reached "Quests" section

- Then I added an Argument to the FNV4GB in MO settings saying: "-SteamAppID 22490" without the quotations

- Then I installed the Darnified UI through MO (https://forums.beths...arnified-ui-nv/ - download section) and didn't add anything to any .ini files

Thank you so much guys, you all have been a great help to me. Kudos ;)

#36 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

[font="calibri, sans-serif;"]Glad you got it sorted out. You may want to check the following things to get the proper UI install. Remember that due to the mod isolation in MO the UI mods installed just in MO will not work properly as they cannot see other mods when installed.[/font]

[font="calibri, sans-serif;"]You need to install FOMM as an executable in MO to use these types of mods mods. [/font]Use the FOMM fork, it is a more up to date version of FOMM.

[font="calibri, sans-serif;"]Use the following guides to install them, [/font]FNV with OneHUD and UnifiedHUD, In post 27 I outlined a working install order to get most of the mods to play nice together and Fear and loathing in New Vegas user interface section will help a lot.

#37 StupidFox

StupidFox

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

Just to be sure... this doesn't matter if you have UAC turned off right? I mean you can have steam installed in programfilesx86 if you have no UAC active yes?

#38 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

Unless you're on Windows 8, that should be true.

#39 StupidFox

StupidFox

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

Nah, I'm Win7. So that isn't my problem. Sheesh. :c Whelp, here's hoping for an answer on my thread then. Thank you much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users