Cant run fallout new Vegas with mod organizer OH NOO!

hamburgerhelperman

Question

Hi im new to mod organizer and wondering if there is something simple im overlooking i just transferred all of my mods from nmm. now that i have set up all my mods that i want it wont seem to run the game. i click on run set to 4gb or nvse or the normal launcher and nothing happens i get the nvse black cmd box or the 4gb loading bar but then nothing. i can run new Vegas normally from either one of those fine the mods wont work for obvious reason since there in mod organizer files and not in my new Vegas directory but runs fine no errors. I am horrible at typing messages and i apologize and thank you for the help.        

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

WOOP WOOP, everything is working now. The argument didn't work, but I installed the Darnified UI and the text is back on (different font, but that's OK). I didn't mess with the ini files at all and just tryied it and it IS WORKING, mods are there, everything...

Just a note. I tryied to install "Project Nevada" mod before the Darnified UI and the Project Nevada itself didn't help - text was still missing. There is obviously some collision between these two, but I noticed there are some patches. I won't bother you with that, I should manage.

So to sum it up:

- I installed the game through Steam (I have Czech version - although I let it install in English), then proceeded according to the STEP (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas) untill I reached "Quests" section

- Then I added an Argument to the FNV4GB in MO settings saying: "-SteamAppID 22490" without the quotations

- Then I installed the Darnified UI through MO (https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1131897-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-nv/ - download section) and didn't add anything to any .ini files

Thank you so much guys, you all have been a great help to me. Kudos ;)

Glad you got it sorted out. You may want to check the following things to get the proper UI install. Remember that due to the mod isolation in MO the UI mods installed just in MO will not work properly as they cannot see other mods when installed.

You need to install FOMM as an executable in MO to use these types of mods mods. Use the FOMM fork, it is a more up to date version of FOMM.

Use the following guides to install them, FNV with OneHUD and UnifiedHUD, In post 27 I outlined a working install order to get most of the mods to play nice together and Fear and loathing in New Vegas user interface section will help a lot.