Falling/flipping cart and lockups during opening ride to helgen. HELP!

FalloutPrime

Question

Anybody have any idea what mods, or actions(like a TES5Edit Cleaning..) could cause this so I can begin to troubleshoot it?Basically, when I start a new game, the wagon I'm on is either falling through the sky infinitely, and then gets reset in the sky to fall again, OR the cart is fine and everything is working but the game locks up.Ask me questions about my setup.

I don't want to post my long as load order / mod list unless you want to see it. I'll say I'm using all the mods on the STEP 2.2.9 guide, plus some mods of my own choosing(not many). I am not using any STEP patches because I don't know how to edit the load order thing in the STEP patches with TES5Edit to make them work with the extra mods I'm using.I just spent two days re-installing everything from the ground up, following all instructions in the STEP guide to the letter. Save using the STEP patches for the above reason, and bloody hells, after all that work, I want this damnable thing to work! Please help if you can!

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When you first start in the intro... then you can sometimes hear a "thump" sound from all the stuff falling down after it is spawned during the first few seconds of black screen before you can see anything. Since there is a drop there is physics calculations being done... If they are going crazy then all sorts of weird stuff can happen. 

Also as the carts are moving around they do some tiny bumps etc.. which I guess it also picks up. 

Not pure science.. but that is how I imagine it is going on. 

Just find a nice quite interior cell after the Helgen intro and save. Exit. Install Immersive armors and patches. Load save. Wait until the Immersive Armor configurator finishes its installation before you exit the cell. You can play with Immersive Armors from now on...

Unless, of course, you use other mods associated with the carts... like, say... Touring Carriages, which use the exact same system. It was actually this that led me to the conclusion I posted earlier. The physics problems are still there, underlying the whole thing. Granted, if you use nothing else that seems to aggravate the problem, yay. Me? I'd rather not put something in that could cause problems in some other way I haven't found yet. I like the look of a lot of those armors myself, but apparently SOMETHING changed between 1.6 and 1.7 to cause the issue.

I had this problem occur in STEP 2.2.8, I have no idea what so ever, what got rid of it. The last thing I remember when troubleshooting it, was that right before it would start to go nuts, for me was around 10 seconds into the cart ride after being able to look around. I noticed that Hadvar poofed from the cart just split second before flipping around. I could never figure it out, I wound up just creating a save using "coc" at the main menu. But I had an epiphany much, much later into that save. I was walking back up that road out of Helgen the cart ride originates from, and there I saw Hadvar, half way stuck in the ground, in a position that looked like he was sitting with his hands in front of him, like being a carriage driver. I thought this odd, and then my mind went back into the cart flipping and Hadvar poofing, and thought they might be related. Only to of course, find out that, that is a normal vanilla problem when you use coc at the main screen. But, nonetheless, before I found this out, I went and started a new game the right way, several times, and each time I did, the cart ride was not a problem, just as much for me right now with my current setup. So, point is, lol, that in response to the idea that mods that alter physics of npc's seems like a very plausible suggestion, for me, basing it off of what I saw when this happened to me, and Hadvar always disappearing right before it happens. Just my two cents.