aMidianBorn steel plate armor by CaBaL - frihyland

Farlo

All of the adMinianBorn armors should be considered for STEP I think. There are iron, iron banded, steel, and steel plate retextures, spread over three mods.

He pretty much changes all the little details of the armor to enhance them greatly. If you look close at his armors, you'll see that he has made the engravings on them different for male and female armors, which adds a little bit of depth.

@rpsgc

I disagree. The armor itself is a little "too fancy" as a vanilla type armor, considering the many npcs who wear steel plate. Not to mention the helmet on that one looks... odd.

As a side note, I really wish more mod authors would make their lore-friendly armors for both sexes, there are some awesome armors out there but many of them only cater to one sex either male or female.

@rpsgc

I disagree. The armor itself is a little "too fancy" as a vanilla type armor, considering the many npcs who wear steel plate. Not to mention the helmet on that one looks... odd.

As a side note, I really wish more mod authors would make their lore-friendly armors for both sexes, there are some awesome armors out there but many of them only cater to one sex either male or female.

I disagree as well, that mod looks pretty, but it doesn't fit in Skyrim for sure.  It's definitely not something I'd expect even "higher up" bandits to have access to.  If it were a standalone set and put on some of the Housecarls and other do-gooders funded by the court it might not look bad, but not as a general replacement.

I'm actully useing all of aMidianBorn's work and i have to say it looks amazing in the game and the work done is even better i think better then whats provided in STEP and should be included.

I also have to agree with Neovalen and Farlo about rpsgc choice that armor it just to shiney and nice for skyrim and the setting skyrim is in

It makes me wish that the Razorscales armor would get an update to standalone because it is a spectacular looking armor, but there is no female version. aMidianBorn has done such a good job of addressing both genders and making them every so slightly different.

That other steel plate armor is just to fancy, good redesign of the engravings, but I don't know if it would fit with all the other armors I have installed.

• 3 weeks later...