Elemental Staffs (by Carnage2K4)

Kelmych

Discussion thread:

Elemental Staffs by Carnage2K4

Wiki Link

This mod has been out around a few months, but I didn't find it discussed when I searched through this forum. Elemental Staffs provides high resolution (1K through 4K) textures for mage staffs; the textures are different for the different underlying magic type. I usually play a mage character, and I find the vanilla staffs fairly boring. I particularly like the looks of the storm/lightening staff. A few months ago this mod was in at least one of the lists of recommended mods. It hasn't been updated since April but the author is somewhat active on Nexus.

• 7 months later...

I noticed when installing the base Elemental Staffs (1.0) and the update (1.10) via Wrye Bash, you are installing two Elemental Staves.esp files. As a result, the base file has an orange [+] next to it instead of the usual green.

I'm assuming you simply disable the .esp file you are overwriting with the update, but just wanted to speak up in case it warranted mentioning in the guide.

BTW, this is for installing STEP 2.2.3.

• 1 month later...

I have not played Skyrim for a while, not since before the DLC started coming out, seems much has changed, And I see this old mod has made it into STEP.

I am currently installing Skyrim once again, and while using the STEP guide ran into my own mod :D, I run a Guild these days and that takes up a large chunk of my time, but I would like to update this mod again some time.

Thank you for supporting it STEP Team.

It should also be noted that The Dual Sheath Redux Mod that is also featured in STEP has a compatibility optional file for Elemental Staffs, I didn't see it noted anywhere to use this if using both mods together.

Carnage2K4

P.S Farlo is also correct on the installation, the v1.10 Elemental Staves.esp should overwrite the v1.00 Elemental Staves.esp

After I play the DLC and Skyrim for a while, I will update the Mod clean it with TES5Edit etc. and update Nexus and Steam.

It should also be noted that The Dual Sheath Redux Mod that is also featured in STEP has a compatibility optional file for Elemental Staffs, I didn't see it noted anywhere to use this if using both mods together.

Actually, it's mentioned. The detailed instructions ask you to install the patch in question.

BTW: PM z929669 on the Nexus to get the shiny mod author badge. Just to make sure you aren't a Carnage doppelganger.

It should also be noted that The Dual Sheath Redux Mod that is also featured in STEP has a compatibility optional file for Elemental Staffs' date=' I didn't see it noted anywhere to use this if using both mods together.

Actually, it's mentioned. The detailed instructions ask you to install the patch in question.

BTW: PM z929669 on the Nexus to get the shiny mod author badge. Just to make sure you aren't a Carnage doppelganger.

OK, yep will send a PM now Thanx.

• 1 year later...

Elemental Staff has just been updated to 1.15.

Version 1.15Added Glow map to Frost Staff.Various texture fixes using correct DTX (.dds) formats..esp Cleaned of a wild edit..esp cleaned of an edit that did not carry forward a fix from the unofficial patches.

The .esp has been cleaned with TES5Edit and the 2 errors STEP lists here have been removed from the new version.The single Main File should act as the standard for STEP now, all textures in the main file are 1K versions (including glow maps and normal Maps).The main file is now supplemented by optional texture files as opposed to having 3 main files to choose from as it has been previously, all textures have been converted to their correct DXT format depending on texture type (normal map/glow map etc.)

Carn.

Edited by Carnage2k4
  • +1 1

• 1 year later...