Ethereal Clouds (by Gamwich)

alt3rn1ty

Discussion topic:
Ethereal Clouds by Gamwich
Wiki Link

Gamwich has been busy again, this time with Ethereal Clouds. They are double vanilla sized textures and, at time of posting, version 1.1 released.

Ethereal Clouds is a lore-friendly retexture of the clouds of Skyrim. My goal was to make cloud textures that are neutral in appearance, so they will blend with any lighting mods, while adding more visual interest than the default Bethesda clouds. The default clouds can appear to be too much of a flat plane, so I tried to get a greater feeling of depth to the cloud masses. I also tried to get a real separation between the lower clouds and the upper clouds. The upper clouds should now appear to be further up in atmosphere. I also added a little more drama to the storm cloud texture to make your rain and snow storms a touch more ominous. Clouds are probably the most variable texture in the game, since people are using many different lighting mods for the vanilla game, as well as ENBs (which can change the cloud appearance pretty drastically). I tried to create something that would look good under many different lighting conditions. OK, the Beta stage is over...... it's time to get real. I think the kinks have been ironed out, so I'm going ahead with a general release. Version 1.0 has across the board tweaks from the last Beta. The textures should appear less pixelated when viewed closeup. They are still 1K textures for the most part, because my aim is to create something that the majority of people could run on their system. You can't please everyone, but I hope this satisfies most people. Installation is simple, just activate with your favorite mod manager, or to install manually, just drop the textures in your Data folder. File path is Data > Textures > Sky.

Very nicely done imho

Been a lot of cloud retexes coming out lately... and I don't seem to recall there being one specifically called out for STEP itself. Any way we could possibly get these all into a single thread for comparison purposes?

I await the inevitable "Well, why don't YOU do that?" post...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...