Testing A World of Pain with Fear and Loathing

Not sure I would merge an ESM with the merge script. Maybe leave that and just merge the other stuff.

Also, you want to take a look at AWOP Revisions.

...is that bad? I am kind of hesitant to change mods around during a playthrough, although I totally will for the cause. I understand what you are saying, but for the sake of load order and compatibility we would want to merge as many of the .esp's into one mod as we can, correct? Something along the lines of:

AWOP 5.01

the esm by itself

AWOP Patches

AWOPDeadMoney.esp, AWOPLowLootMWeaponsArmor.esp, AWOPLowLootSkillBooks.esp

AWOP - Balance and Cleanup and Weapon Rebalance

Not sure if I should merge the main file (Balance and Cleanup AND Weapon Rebalance.esm) with these patches -PNRebalanced Health.esp and Dead Money Redone.esp

AWOP Revisions

AWOP Revs 4 - Scaled Goodsprings Fight, AWOP Revs 7 - Vision Enhancements, AWOP Revs 8 - Quest Fixes (Must be loaded after Balance and Cleanup)

I understand this is taking up precious load order space, but the amount of content this mod adds is so worth it. The 'M' style weapons, however, may need to be disabled altogether (my opinion, as they are kind of far from the S.T.E.P. Mandate)to keep from obtaining powerful weapons very early.

SRB, do you have any thoughts on install order? Should this pack be installed after the quest mods toward the beginning of the guide?

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

Install order is tricky. Since it adds so much new world space and a few quests I'd say in the quest section is best.

Merging into an ESM only causes problems if one of the plugins needs to load later on. Most of the time that isn't true.

I don't have a STEP mandate thing going on for F&L, but if I did it would probably exclude half the mods I added to guide. I originally wanted to do a STEP-ish guide for FNV, but it just doesn't have that many mods to do it, so went a different direction

Install order is tricky. Since it adds so much new world space and a few quests I'd say in the quest section is best.

Merging into an ESM only causes problems if one of the plugins needs to load later on. Most of the time that isn't true.

I don't have a STEP mandate thing going on for F&L, but if I did it would probably exclude half the mods I added to guide. I originally wanted to do a STEP-ish guide for FNV, but it just doesn't have that many mods to do it, so went a different direction

As far as the STEP Mandate Goes...there are packs for a reason. Thanks for the tip on the load order, I will switch it around a bit later. Does my proposed file setup look right to you? Did you see the floating polygon of doom in my screenshot? XD

Looks like there are some conflicts with the cells added by NV Interiors. There are patches for compatibility, I just have to figure out which one works. Because we are using the combo edition of NVInteriors, so I would guess that NVInteriors Combo AWOP would be the correct patch.

The family will be gone for like a week, so my blood type will be Mod Organizer. I will reinstall in order this time on a seperate profile and see how it goes.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

I show InteriorLightingOverhaul-NVInteriorsProject.esp from the guide requiring it. You have NVInteriors Core installed, right? Is the esm checked in MO's right pane?

...Can they "uncheck" themselves?

Answer: They totally can. Patching now.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

I've only seen my DSRpatch.esp do that after running SUM but not including DSR patcher, but the DSRpatch.esp is obviously unchecked in MO's right pane at that point.

So, you get this error: "MISSING MASTER: NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm" with "NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm" checked active in the right pane of your MO? Or is the required plugin moved to "optionals" in the left side of MO, in which case it won't be included in your load order and thus the error (you could move it from "optional" to the active portion of the mod's information window in the left side of MO).

So far so good. I have had a CTD, but I am fairly certain that is because I cheated and brought one of my "must have" mods along for the ride and there are probably conflicts that I am not yet privy to. It was while using the "scavenge" function of the "Satchels" mod and to be honest I have about 15 hours on this playthrough and one CTD ain't bad IMO

As far as I can tell the integration of AWOP has been flawless. The patch from "NVInteriors" worked wonderfully, and the two are playing nice. AWOP is absolutely "pack" material in my opinion, the amount of content and world space added is mind-boggling and aside from the lack of voice acting (WHICH DRIVES ME UP THE DAMN WALL) it has a few solid quests. The patches and fixes are must-haves and there are three or four precious spots on the modlist taken up, but maybe the wizards here at STEP can find a more efficient manner of integrating them. I am afraid I am a bit more than a blunt instrument. 

I did add four mods to this play-through not previously discussed, I can further explain in a later post after some more note taking. I incorporated Niner, Satchels, Unlimited Companions, and All Companions Essential. There HAS to be a better utility companion mod out there, I recall seeing one by JIS I think that covered behavior, total # of followers, and whether or not they are essential. I am most likely going to find that one and use that instead, two mods for basic functionality of followers seems silly. 

All that being said. Can anyone give me a rough explanation on how hard it would be to say, get some weapons and armor from a few different mods added to a leveled list? I hate when you download a mod and it says "go to X location for this loot that only you can have", I have grown fond of how "GRA Right to Bear Arms" does leveled list integration and hand places some of the more desirable loot.

TTW Time! The only feedback I can give other than what was explained in the thread is make sure to properly overwrite files, I tried to be lazy on one of my installs and ended up with magical doors (AWOP Doors that took me to Interiors places).

After this little adventure its safe to say the mescaline was wearing off, but the ether is still going strong.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know where this is at now, but LOOT is showing me you cannot have "NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm" and "NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm" at the same time. The problem with this is that ILO has support for either AWOP or NVIP - not both. On the ILO Nexus page it looks like a single AWOP/NVIP esp is in the works, but the mod author, Sarge198, also talks about being saddled with school. 

Got this far, not sure how to circumnavigate this unless having both of the Combo .esm's in the load order is not detrimental.