Jump to content


Photo

SKSE.ini Memory Patch Not Working

skse

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vulgar1

Vulgar1

    Guard

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

So, I'm now using the 1.7.1 version of SKSE. I was using SSME for the memory patch because I had this issue before. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get the block size to increase by using the SKSE.ini method. I'm not really sure what kind of information I could share in order to recieve help with this. I've tried many things. I've followed the instructions in the STEP guide. I've watched Gophers video. I've tried dling a pre-made skse.ini file from the Nexus, just to make sure it wasn't because I created the file incorrectly which of course I didn't. I've tried putting the file in the SKSE folder in MO. I've tried putting it directly into the install directory in a SKSE folder in the data folder.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong but I would rather use the 1.7.1 SKSE.ini edit method than use SSME.

For some reason this issue seems difficult for me to articulate (probably due to being so frustrated), but if anyone understands the issue I'm having and can offer a solution please do. Thanks.


Edited by Vulgar1, 31 July 2014 - 08:54 AM.

  • 0

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

    Akatosh

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Can you post your INI file? Maybe a screenshot out where and how it's currently installed would help too.



#3 Vulgar1

Vulgar1

    Guard

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

I've tried it idirectly in the installation directory skyrim/data/skse, and with MO in skyrim/Mod Organizer/mods/skse 1 07 1/skse.

Here is what my SKSE.ini file looks like

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048  
[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=0
[Interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Now before when I couldn't get it to work I just removed the memory header and settings and ran with SSME and everything worked fine and I checked the Memory Blocks log and the block size had increased. When I use the other method ([Memory] DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 ScrapHeapSizeMB=256) there is no change.  


Edited by z929669, 10 December 2014 - 10:20 AM.

  • 0

#4 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

    Akatosh

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Many users have reported no change; however, are you getting any instability from using SKSE over SSME?



#5 Vulgar1

Vulgar1

    Guard

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, I have an indoor save, and when I try to exit into the open world space I get an ILS, where as everything worked fine with SSME. I'm going to try removing the memory edits in the ini, but keep 1.7.1 going and try SSME again to test it out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.


  • 0

#6 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

    Akatosh

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

I would report this to the SKSE team. It would be a user issue specific issue like hardware, system, etc or something buggy in the code. I have no issues with it.



#7 Vulgar1

Vulgar1

    Guard

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Well I just ran 1.7.1 with SSME and it worked great so I guess I'll just be sticking with that for now. I suggest anyone else with this issue do the same. Thanks for the replies TechAngel85.


  • 0

#8 darkside

darkside

    High King

  • Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

You may need to add -forcesteamloader. Please check this thread for more detail. This fixed this problem for me.

 

https://enbseries.en...=2729&start=290


  • 0

#9 Xedd82

Xedd82

    Prisoner

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

I recall tooling around with that ini before wiping my mods from nmm and switching to mo in order to start using step. They had different settings referring to memblock 1= 768 and memblock 2 = 256. I had just updated to the newest skse. Perhaps they skse changed the commands after the release left alpha? Let us know because I switched them back to the settings in the step guide.

Edited by Xedd82, 07 August 2014 - 01:42 PM.

  • 0

#10 z929669

z929669

    Ixian Inventor

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,313 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

It seems to me like SKSE is not installed correctly or that there is an issue relating to SKSE initialization. Even if one of the files exists in the wrong location, it will not work.

 

With MO, you need to install SKSE EXE and DLL into ./Skyrim and then install the scripts and INI using MO.

 

Check that SKSE is running by looking at the logs inside %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim (I think that's right for Win 7 systems) ... it is evident at Skyrim startup if SKSE is not running properly (or try opening an MCM menu in game).





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users