Immersive Patrols by Scrabbulor

skwareballz

Immersive Patrols by Scrabbulor

This little gem adds roaming patrols of different factions to Skyrim's main roads.

Here is the author's description:

Fully compatible with Dawnguard.

=====Civil War Plugin=====

The Civil War plugin adds Stormcloak and Imperial patrols to Skyrim using vanilla NPCs to be as lore-friendly as possible. Patrols always return to camp and will remain there and interact with objects, chairs and beds until the next shift. They will continue to patrol after the Civil War quest line has been completed.

=====Bandit Plugin=====

The bandit plugin follows the same principles in the Civil War Plugin except bandits don't have a defined daily route. They head from bandit "camp" to bandit "camp" with their own schedules but the route they choose is up to the engine.

As for the city attackers and threats to quest givers. I intentionally made the dedicated city attackers weaker so guards and civilians will be able to kill them before they kill anyone. There is still a chance they might die so on top of this they only spawn when the player is near so you can also assist them! The bandits that roam Skyrim cannot enter a city's main gates and only appear when you are close enough for them to be physically loaded. I didn't do this, this is how the game works so you always have the opportunity to help. Towns like Ivarstead, Riverwood and Dragonbridge are the most vulnerable so I made them less likely to be attacked as extra insurance.

=====Please Read=====

This mod does NOT use any scripts so feel free to install and uninstall worry free.

This mod does NOT alter Npcs in Vanilla Factions.

It can be loaded anywhere in the load order.

Works perfectly with the ever popular Warzones and most major mods.

Any armour that REPLACES vanilla Imperial/Stormcloak armours will also change the appearance of corresponding armours in this mod.

I am also working on patrols for Silver Blood Mercs & Forsworn, Silver Hand & Werewolves, Dawnguard & Vampires (requires Dawnguard expansion), Vigilants of Stendar and Travellers. None of these are or will be dependent on another and can be used by themselves or in conjunction.

All NPCS in each plugin have almost identical stats to their vanilla counterparts except their level scales to the player and any changes are made with vanilla "class" presets or try to mimic encounters found in the game. They also respawn like regular npcs with vanilla/bloodcoin/any other mod's edited respawn timers.

This mod has two flavors for the patrols and one for the Bandits. There is 5 Unit and 10 Unit patrols.

The 5 Unit version has 5 Stormcloaks, 5 Imperial, and 4 Thalmor in each patrol.

The 10 Unit version has 10 Stormcloaks, 10 Imperial, and 8 Thalmor in each patrol.

For both versions there are 2 Thalmor, 8 Stormcloak, and 8 Imperial patrols wandering the roads of Skyrim.

An optional file for bandit patrols is now out, and the bandits will attack a village or town every 10 days.

I have quite a few mods installed that aren't STEP mods and there hasn't been any conflicts, actually it seems to enhance other mods. Using this with Bellyaches New Dragon Species mod I had a group of Stormcloaks helping me kill a dragon while another Thalmor patrol showed up and started killing the Stormcloaks, and then a couple of bears showed up and started attacking the dragon. That's Immersive Patrols, Sky Test, Auto-Variants with Bellyache animals, and Bellyaches New Dragon Species all coming together, and I didn't even need Warzones or any thing like that to make it happen.

EDIT: Updated to show new features and that there is now Bandit patrols.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using OCCUPY SKYRIM - OCS which is very similar. It creates small clashes of 6 vs 6 stormcloaks/imperials along the roads and overhauls a lot of stormcloak/imperial events. Fits very well with WARZONES and Deadly Dragons.

But Immersive Patrols sounds very minimal, clean, and well done. Especially since it uses no scripts. Looks like a great fit with STEP!

Both Immersive patrols and OCS are great mods' date=' but they run into the problem of having too many script mods. It would be fine for STEP (although maybe not its exact philosophy), but if you are running many script related mods these 2 mods may cause issues.[/quote']

From the mod's description:

This mod does NOT use any scripts so feel free to install and uninstall worry free.

I'm adding this to my loadout, looks promising.  I love coming across patrols, there aren't nearly enough of them in Vanilla.

I put a little extra info in the main post.

I have used this mod with around 250 mods installed and about 120 esps/esms and all the CTDs I've been getting are in caves and ruins. I'm assuming since this mod is strictly affecting the outdoor Skyrim worldspace that it is not causing any of the CTDs I've experienced lately.

Also, these are the upcoming plugins:

Immersive Brigands (wip)

Immersive Forsworn (wip)

Immersive Civilians

Immersive Followers

Immersive Vampires (waiting for Dawnguard assets)

Vampires. Mother F'in Vampires.

• 3 weeks later...

You'd think that mod authors were aware that the Nexus is having serious issues and maybe hold off updating mods for a couple more days. I've had about 20 mods on my tracking list update in the last 3 days.

And as much as I enjoy this mod I'm super anxious to use the new one.