Immersive Patrols by Scrabbulor

skwareballz

No it's compatible with with everything. The patrols move around Skyrim's roads, but don't use any of the Dawnguard stuff. The only cells that are edited are some of the civil war campsites which are not touched by Dawnguard either.

There will be a vampire patrols thing in the future, so that might require DG assets, but until then have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple quick notes from my play experience with this.

First, a caravan add on as been added which I love. 

Second, be aware when starting a new game there is a pack of 5 roaming bandits on the road just out of Helgan that is likely to wipe one out.   Personally, I had fun with it but its not a balanced encounter to start the game.

How does the caravans add-on fare against Travellers of Skyrim?

I cant say as I have never used the Travellers of Skyrim mod.  They probably do not conflict and I do not see anything on either of their pages that indicate they do.  However, it might start to be overkill.  Ill try em both out and let you all know once I get STEP 2.2 fully installed.  Although, Im going to need to do some research on protecting all of these NPCs from the all the dragon and moster mods Ill have installed.

The Deadly Dragon mod has a batch file (Essential_NPCs_bat_file-3829) that can be used to make many of the standard NPCs essential, and you could the syntax from this to make a batch file to protect additional NPCs if they you can find their IDs.

The Deadly Dragon mod has a batch file (Essential_NPCs_bat_file-3829) that can be used to make many of the standard NPCs essential' date=' and you could the syntax from this to make a batch file to protect additional NPCs if they you can find their IDs.[/quote']

Sounds interesting but probably a project for someone with more experience than I.  If I do not find an alternative in the next couple of weeks, maybe Ill look into it!

bat file from daedly dragons can be usefull indeed...also is quite easy to tweak it to protect almost anyone who need protection.

tried out this mod today...very immersive ,compatible and light....a big + .

imo some pilgrims against thalmor bands would be awesome too and more "ready to buy garbage" merchant are always of great use,

i would recommend this mod without any problem

• 4 months later...

A new version of this mod is now available. It has been cleaned up so no errors will show up in TES5Edit, and many small errors have been removed. A new patrol has been added, factions, which adds Witchhunters and Dragon Cultists. Thalmor have been added to the Civil War patrols.

• 2 weeks later...

Started using this mod and it does add a nice bit to immersion. Nice to see people out wandering.

I will note that this added a Cultist (think that was the name) to the road early that attacked my lvl 3 character. There was no feasible way I could win this fight (was just outside Riverwood). It did not bother me much, as I consider having undefeatable enemies early as normal, but might put off some others.

I'm a little surprised the author hasn't provided a merged esp, but unfortunately most mod authors with multiple optional esp files don't seem to provide merged esps. Since they are related it's often fairly straightforward, but time-consuming, to merge the esps. Someday TES5Gecko will do this ...