Immersive Patrols by Scrabbulor

skwareballz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to update that the author stated that he didnt know how to merge the esp into one and if anyone could aid him' date=' he is willing to merge them for the community.[/quote']

I looked at the mod esp files and they are large (many records) but fairly straightforward. TES5Edit could be used to combine the esp files manually, but with the large number of records in each esp it would take a long time. I'll see if I can figure out how the Creation Kit does esp merging.

Just wanted to update that the author stated that he didnt know how to merge the esp into one and if anyone could aid him' date=' he is willing to merge them for the community.[/quote']

I looked at the mod esp files and they are large (many records) but fairly straightforward. TES5Edit could be used to combine the esp files manually' date=' but with the large number of records in each esp it would take a long time. I'll see if I can figure out how the Creation Kit does esp merging.[/quote']

TES5Edit 3.0.28 can handle a wider range of record types than previous versions. This Nexus post describes how to merge esps that handles Form ID changes when needed and copying multiple data records in a single copy operation. Since these esps are all from the same mod and the mod doesn't have very complicated data records, the techniques described there might be adequate. You might want to let the mod author know about this.

• 3 months later...

This mod finally has a merged version. I'm pretty sure that almost everyone has installed this mod at one time or another. It's always one of the mods I add on top of STEP and now it has one esp for people with to many plugins.

Obviously you need DG and DB to use it.

I looked at the mod esp files and they are large (many records) but fairly straightforward. TES5Edit could be used to combine the esp files manually' date=' but with the large number of records in each esp it would take a long time. I'll see if I can figure out how the Creation Kit does esp merging.[/quote']

TES5Edit 3.0.28 can handle a wider range of record types than previous versions. This Nexus post describes how to merge esps that handles Form ID changes when needed and copying multiple data records in a single copy operation. Since these esps are all from the same mod and the mod doesn't have very complicated data records, the techniques described there might be adequate. You might want to let the mod author know about this.

Awgh! Thanks for that link on meeting multiple mods! Gutted I've only found it now, I spent few good hours today manually merging some of the patches I created for myself.. Record. By. Record. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

With some patches, you need to merge record by record to accommodate the variety of conflicts. For example, you need to create patches manually when merging location name, weather (e.g., CoT), audio (e.g., SoS), and lighting (e.g., RLO) patches since each set of patches affects a different set of records within an entry. Fortunately this isn't always true and you can use the esp merge approach to merge some esps and some sets of patches.

By the way, for this mod I am keeping my own merged esp version since I prefer the immersive battle esp version that excludes fighting outside Whiterun. I sometimes get CTDs because of the increased VRAM use that the Whiterun battle would otherwise produce.

Ah, thanks for heads up. Think I will need look into this more, if and when I find some spare time.

Nevertheless, I've been using IP for ages, back when it was only couple of plugins till now, when it's quite expanded. Never had any issues with it.

I've been experiencing CTDs with Immersive Patrols. Not yet sure if it's due to a conflict with Immersive Creatures or if it's a mod error, but so far I noticed that the Dawnguard plugin in particular is causing crashes for me. For example, I was adventuring northwest of Solitude in the mountains and saw a Stormcloak patrol up ahead; as I got closer to them the game crashed. I reloaded the save and went the same way again, except this time a Dawnguard patrol spawned near the Stormcloaks and there was no crash.

I'm testing a bit now without the Dawnguard plugin, I'll report back with my findings.

The immersive battles plugin adds a lot of Stormcloak and Imperial NPCs in a small area. In regions where VRAM use is already high there can be CTDs due to running out of VRAM if your character gets too close.