Stunning Statues of Skyrim (by AnTiWoMaAgNoT)

Neovalen

TESV_2015_03_03_13_40_15_69.png

TESV_2015_03_03_13_42_39_83.png

That took around 5 mins to do in 3DS (and 10/15 of wondering why the hell even his own high poly meshes wouldn't show up in my game when it was actually because of No Snow under the Roof redirecting the paths to its own vanilla + snow meshes) so if the author agreed to it it should be pretty easy to make a vanilla style / lore-friendly / less (.)(.) more pew-pew / STEP-friendly version :p

Yeah it is, No Snow changes the meshes to its own which are the low-poly vanilla ones with snow on top, as I said. There's someone in the last nexus comments of Stunning Statues saying this, I wouldn't even have thought of it otherwise, had no idea why the high-poly meshes wouldn't appear in my game...

Most of these I don't really see all that much improvement in the mesh, so even if the performance impact is pretty low, I don't feel that the return is worth it.  Some of the statues, like Azura, you're never really very close to, others I feel like any roughness in the mesh doesn't really stand out from the expected roughness of a carved, weatherworn statue.

The exceptions for me might be: Boethiah (smoothing out the jagged edge of that front tentacle is nice), Clavicus Vile (barbas' face looks a lot better), and Malacath (noticeably sharp points on knee and elbow are smoothed out).

Frankly, I don't see much difference in many of the female statues other than the expanded chest region (none of which look right to me).  Most of these I would refuse to install, even if included in STEP.  Boethiah (as mentioned above) and Nocturnal might be the only ones I'd consider adding to my game, though Nocturnal is mostly because of the texture.

I was thinking NSuTR caused more problems than what good it brough to the table on multiple occasions. All those compatibility patches people have to create, that must be pure hell. And it doesn't help much that Prometheus completely abandoned it (with some bugged meshes, btw).

Edited by Octopuss

Most of these I don't really see all that much improvement in the mesh, so even if the performance impact is pretty low, I don't feel that the return is worth it.  Some of the statues, like Azura, you're never really very close to, others I feel like any roughness in the mesh doesn't really stand out from the expected roughness of a carved, weatherworn statue.

The exceptions for me might be: Boethiah (smoothing out the jagged edge of that front tentacle is nice), Clavicus Vile (barbas' face looks a lot better), and Malacath (noticeably sharp points on knee and elbow are smoothed out).

Frankly, I don't see much difference in many of the female statues other than the expanded chest region (none of which look right to me).  Most of these I would refuse to install, even if included in STEP.  Boethiah (as mentioned above) and Nocturnal might be the only ones I'd consider adding to my game, though Nocturnal is mostly because of the texture.

Could it be the normal maps ? they dont seem that good, on the other hand the meshes are really pretty smooth (and pretty high poly too).

I was thinking NSuTR caused more problems than what good it brough to the table on multiple occasions. All those compatibility patches people have to create, that must be pure hell. And it doesn't help much that Prometheus completely abandoned it (with some bugged meshes, btw).

Well the mod is about adding 3d snow to stuff, not about making higher poly meshes to all vanilla stuff, you can always delete the worldspace edits or probably just replace the prometheus meshes by these if you want to.

I wonder if the author forgot to remake the normals after his changes because that would result in what kryptopyr is saying.  Personally, I am in agreeance with EssArrBee on this one unless a less busty/more vanilla version can be made. You can see the horrible stretching in the shots crime_syndicate made.

@Crime_syndicate

I take it you are familiar with 3ds?

I had actually sent him a lot of material (as a feed for thought) including most of the statues a few months ago before I got... retired, but I think he's on indefinite break from modding with no immediate intentions to come back, sadly :(

Edited by Octopuss