Skylight And Imagespace Modifiers

DocClox

Question

I'm using Skylight, very happy with it. Nice ENB

However, I recently got back into modding. I have a scene where the PC is drugged; the game fades to black and when it fades back up the location has changed ... as have a few other things I'd best not go into here.

The thing is, if I have Skylight active the imagespace modifiers don't appear. I just get a normal screen. Disable ENB and it all works like a charm.

So the questions are:

• Is this a Skylight thing or an ENB thing generally?
  • Is there anything I can do as a modder to make my mod ENB/Skylight friendly?

I'm not worried on my own account - I just want to understand the issue and if possible make my mod a little more robust.

4 answers to this question

It is a skylight and vividian thing mostly, since they use the same shaders. Serenity use a clamp mechanism to make sure the image space values all are in a certain range... which is something I have considered just to open up the options of a little bit more customization. 

In the enbeffect.fx file you will find a line that says AGCCSkylight.xyz, below it you can find the vanillaAGCC.. it will have the games original post processing with all its issues and glory etc. The easy solution is to simply activate that line instead. However then the visuals will ofc also change since now the image space values are applied again. The more complex method is opening up the AGGC.fxh file in the shaders folder and manually alter the code! Or just let me know what you specifically require and I will take a look at it. Since my AGCC is so simple it is easy enough to build on top. 

The reason I have done it like this is that I hate image spaces... they are annoying when you do ENB presets for a number of reasons. 

One is that you make one location look stunning, but the next one will look like... meh since some imagespace value is radically different. 

Two is that it is required to make sure adaptation actually works and plays nice, without being annoying and triggering all the time. 

The only image space values I use are the tint and brightness, tint because it was a faster way of making weathers look different, and brightness because it is required for night vision and a number of other effects to work. (More specifically then it is the cinematic brightness value)

Also the tint value is required for some of the shout abilities. 

For fadeing to black and back then brightness can be used instead of contrast under image space modifiers. For pointers you can check out the imagespace modifer for slow time and night vision, they both show how it can be done. 

Other then that then just ask if you want something specifically done. I do not mind helping out! :) 

mmm... OK. That's very helpful thanks.

So, just to be sure I understand you: imagespace modifiers will work, it's just that I need to use brightness as the variable. (Everything I know about imagespace modifiers comes from "what does this button do?" so I've been a bit ad-hoc with my modifiers).

And if I wanted a blood-red effect, I can get that from tint, I'm guessing.

Blur should work, since I had a blur effect get stuck a while back, and I saw it without disabling anything. Double vision the same I'm guessing.

Is that about right? I think that covers everything I'd want to do with the player's vision.

When you open up an image space modifer in the CK or tes5edit then you have the values called "cinematic" which contain saturation, brightness, contrast. As well as a multiplier and addition of each... If I recall correctly. 

If you want darkness you just subtract a certain amount of brightness, and if you want blood red tint then you just multiply one red color to the the tint. It is easier to do in the CK then in tes5edit due to the GUI.  

Blur will work fine as long as you have "removeblur" set to false in the enblocal.ini under FIX. The same should apply for all the other screen bluring techniques that are available.