Alternative Daedric Weapons by Aiyen

Aiyen

You linked the skyrealism mod twice. Did you want to link another?

I overwrote the following mod with Aiyen's

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30612/?

Haha, that's exactly the mod i meant to link :D Sorry for the mistake.

Well you can just use the shiny meshes if you want... I did not touch those this time around. I have been tempted to simply remodel and re-uv the models since imo they are a pain to work with... but decided that it would expand the scale of the project too much. 

One of the largest limitations I had to work around was that there only is a single material for the entire weapon.. and I kinda wanted both an obsidian material and two different metal ones... but that would again require a re-mesh. 

It took way way way too many variations to try to make the obsidian...and compared to the reference images I went from then it still does not capture the look 100%.. mainly because I only have one specular color... and not many. 

As for the metal then I had hoped I could do a gritty and dirty looking metal one.. and a polished one.. but sadly that is simply not possible to do using only the textures. 

Oh well at least people have been kind with the comments so far and seem to like the textures. Other then a few issues here and there that I want to correct then I think it is time to move on to other projects! 

Actually I'm using the Skyrealism meshes and CaBal's textures on every other armor. Looks great :p Obviously CaBal didn't cover the daedric stuff yet, but I like the Skyrealism textures more than enough, so that's all fine.

For armor meshes I use the Daedric Symetry from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37946/?. I really hate the asymetrical shoulders/helm. I am using the textures by GaryG that were linked earlier. These overall textures don't compliment those nearly as well as they compliment Gloriouz, but I have a redone "light" set I grabbed from some site that they look absolutely amazing with. What I am using these textures for are to compliment https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29356/? and it looks pretty great. That combo I think is the best looking Crescent yet. I don't know about lore friendly, and all I used were the meshes/textures from that and ditched the esp/scripts in favor of my own, but yeah, it looks pretty badass. I may even put together some vanilla screen shots.

Okay I just decided to test how well all that I learned doing this had stuck in my brain. 

Made the bow and uploaded a new version with it as well! 

Took only 4 hours to make the bow.. which I am quite impressed by... I also hope that people think the result at least look on par with the rest! 

Enjoy! 

I'm sorry, but I just enjoy annoying people too much to stop! :woot: Actually this is what puts me off making mods now. You do one thing and you find  another cupboard of junk falls on top of you pinning you down. Let's not forget the compatibility patches! I have so many cool ideas drift away because I now think how much extra work compatibility will be. Nobody got time fo' dat!

I'm sorry, but I just enjoy annoying people too much to stop! :woot: Actually this is what puts me off making mods now. You do one thing and you find  another cupboard of junk falls on top of you pinning you down. Let's not forget the compatibility patches! I have so many cool ideas drift away because I now think how much extra work compatibility will be. Nobody got time fo' dat!

Well, the bashed patch is getting big update right now and soon Cells, Graphics, and Sound records will all be included. Just tell everyone to use Wrye Bash and forget about compatibility.

Ess how can WB edit (for example ) the meshes of SFO to be the same as mine? Until it becomes sentient and learns new programs, I have trouble believing I won't have to create patches.  ::D: