ENB problem with Intel and Nvidia Cards

Pandore

Question

Hi everybody,

First of all, thank you for the STEP Guide that is amazing.

Then, I have a problem (yes even with STEP Guide, I'm not lucky !)

When I use ENB Wrapper version only to get ENB Boost (no graphic modifications), installing it like described in STEP guide, the game recognize only my INTEL Card instead of my Nvidia Graphic Card. When i use Injector version, ENB is not injected.

What can I do to get ENB Boost at least ?

Thank you in advance ...

Graphic cards :

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Nvidia GeForce GT 540M

14 answers to this question

So I tried that : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33227/?

In my Skyrim.ini I always have the good card active for the game (Nvidia), when I launch the game through normal Skyrim launcher too. But when I launch the game through MO and SKSE, it says in the upper left corner of the main screen that it is my Intel® that is used, like before.

Is the information given by ENB in the upper left corner is true ?

If not, any other idea to help recognize my Nvidia ?

Thank you :)

Check your Nvidia control panel and make sure that 'Preferred Graphics Processor' is set to 'High Performance NVIDIA Processor' and 'Power Management Mode' is set to 'Prefer Maximum Performance'. That should force the Nvidia GPU to handle 3D rendering while the Intel powers the display and Windows GUI as intended.

Works for me on my 4600 + GTX 880m combo, anyway.

Edited by hauntmedoitagain

I didnt put the Power Management Mode that way before, so I tried, but it always show the Intel in the corner at the main menu of Skyrim. I already put the setting for the Preferred Graphics Processor so ...

:'( 

Thank you anyway ....

Aha, I think I may have figured out your problem with MO at least. From doing a little googling (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1042116-ctd-and-performance-patch-enboost/page-377) I figured out that your INI in Mod Organizer is likely set up to use your Intel Graphics instead of your Nvidia Graphics. In Mod Organizer, go to the INI Editor and look for this line:

sD3DDevice="Graphics Adapter"

Where "Graphics Adapter" is whatever graphics adapter Skyrim is setup to use.

Also:

- Go into Nvidia Control Panel and set the skse_loader.exe to use "High Performance Graphics".

- Do the same for Mod Organizer.

ENB will always tell you that it uses the integrated graphics card. I don't know why, it just do with laptops. I suspect the reason your Injector is not working is one of the following:

You are missing the enbhost.exe in your Steamapps/common/Skyrim folder.

You are missing the enbseries.dll in your Steamapps/common/Skyrim folder.

You failed to edit the enbinjector.ini file. If you use SKSE, you need to add the line "skse_loader.exe", no quotationmarks. I usually place mine as the first and remove the SkyrimLauncher.exe and place it third, but I don't know if it matters where this line is placed.

Last thing you can do, although this shouldn't matter if you have done all the above, is going into your 3D setting on your nvidia kontrol panel, and chose tesv.exe and SkyrimLauncher.exe and make sure it uses your GeForce, however, it will automatically use your GeForce whenever it's required, unless it is specifically set not to. I also added skse_loader.exe here, but again, I don't know if that matters.

But no matter what, ENB will show that it uses your integrated grapics card.

Edited by Halde

Thank you everybody for your answers !!

Unfortunately i have to format my computer because it seems i have a very serious problem with my cards (grpahic and motherboard I think ...)

So i'll come back on that subject soon and try all your recommendations when i'll be able to ...