Better Rocks and Mountains (by Four Leaf Clover)

JudgmentJay

Discussion thread:
Better Rocks & Mountains by Four Leaf Clover
Wiki Link

I ran across this mod earlier today. It basically just tweaks the meshes in order to reduce texture stretching on rocks/mountains. I took a few screenshots of random rocks with/without the mod, and while it's subtle and you probably wouldn't notice it unless you made side-by-side comparions, there's a definite change for the better with the mod on. It also comes with a texture pack, but there is a mesh only download so you can use it with whatever texture pack you want.

This was in a previous STEP I think it was before it moved to pdf format. Anybody remember those days when the whole thing was all on a humongous front page on Nexus?

*Raises hand* Those were the good ol' days.

For the textures yeah, but you can still use the meshes from Better Rocks and Mountains. It just relieves some of the more stretched-looking textures. I'm using it in conjunction with AOF Detailed Mountains and there is a noticeable if not subtle improvement in some areas.

This was in a previous STEP I think it was before it moved to pdf format. Anybody remember those days when the whole thing was all on a humongous front page on Nexus?

Haha! Oh, yes indeed. Been using STEP since day one and am still a huge fan. :D

Diverse Enhanced Rocks description says it does not provide 2048x2048 resolution or higher resolution texture files; it only provides 1024x1024 and perhaps lower. The author says he is working on creating his own higher resolution texture files.

• 1 year later...

Honestly, I don't know if another admin dropped it recently or not. I thought I had gone through all these threads and properly marked them as "included" or "dropped".

2.2.4 Changelog only states that the name was changed on Nexus. Prior to that it says this: "Better Rocks & Mountains has been moved from Section G into Section F to be overwritten by Static Mesh Improvement Mod. See Section F for the revised load order."

Nothing after that so another admin will have to comment because if it was dropped it wasn't documented and would have been before my time on the Admin Team. Therefore, one of the other Admins will have to step in on this one.

My bad, I removed it on the 29th after confirming that it is completely overwritten by No Stretching, which made it obsolete, as this mod was just before the latter in the load order.

I thought I added this to the changelog, but I evidently did not. Adding now.

EDIT: I actually DID add this to the changelog :whistling:

Oh, I see it now. Instead of under Mod Removals, it's at the top under Guide Changes. I so understand why that is but it's still confusing... Maybe going forward the "Current Guide Changes" section should be more categorized for quick scanning. As my English professor in college used to say to the class, "if you can't scan the page to identify information quickly, it's not information. It's a novel and I'm not going to sit and read 146 (number of students he had that semester) novels every two weeks." :geek: :lol: