Extremely Weird Lag On Walking

Drakoktonos

Question

Okay after 3 months of suffering from this problem i am deciding to post it.

Basically from last 95 days all i have done is modding skyrim.

I know all the realated tools now and how to run them BOSS,LOOT,Tes5edit and so..on and readed many modding setup from Step Step Extended to Skyrim Revisited

My system is extremely optimized.

Now I had this problem with the first run of my skyrim (I got legendary edition).

I can tell you a very very messing long story but i want to post the issue first

the issue is

"WHEN I AM WALKING I GET THIS WEIRD LAG(NO shutter or freeze)that from the moment i stomp my feet to the ground to the another moment there is a kind of speed dash basically the screen shakes very lightly making the game unplayable.Happens when a distant objects pops up(nothing to do with extra setting of distant detail of  skyrim launcher i know turning it low is helpful).Everything else is fine.

It has nothing to do with my Graphics Card I have 1 gb of ddr5 vram and i play in a 1600x900 monitor.

Its not a load order issue as this happens without any mod too.

I have suffered from this so much that i started to believe it was in  my head until after two months of struggle i won it.i had a stable skyrim but i was in a village cutoff from internet.(i was using enb along with it and it was more smooth than butter)

When i came to city mod organizer was updated to newest version and there were many updates,unfortunately mod organizer was not updating that day and was stuck on download window.I deleted that stable profile in order to update MO by reinstalling it.Sadly after working 5 days constantly on skyrim i cant fix it.

I think it is an Skyrim.ini  and Skyrimpref.ini problem.

So if anyone can post their ini files in attachments I will be very Glad.(Yes i have read step but this problem is something else)

Edited by Drakoktonos
  • +1 1

10 answers to this question

So you are saying it does not happen if you run... but only when you walk ? That would be a first 

yes its vey subtle in nature its hard to notice in first person or while running(you only feel the annoyingness).The transaction that is happening is that it is a very minor lag which doesnt cause microsutter and gets instantly recovered giving a feeling of a minor speeddash towards forward direction.The thing is it happens so simultaneously that its impacts are hard to notice until you reach a point where  lot of npc are battling or when if using Convenient Horses and riding it you start getting major shutters.

When using camera to look around you get very fastly from starting point of orbit(taking a full cirlce view) but on two points on screen it slows down yet it doesnt lag or to be precise the lag is too fast to notice giving it THE MOST ANNOYING feeling of all lags.  

On a side note can't i get a copy of your ini files.

Edited by Drakoktonos
  • +1 1

Looking around sounds like you have mouse acceleration on .. which does just that. 

Also as for the lag.. does this happen without any mods ? 

Almost all types of lag, stuttering, etc. is always due to there being too little bandwidth in your hardware to handle the texture, mesh, extra object details you are asking of it. 

As for ini changes, then try to set all the resolutions to just 1024 and then see if it helps. It is the main performance related set of entries in the ini files. 

Looking around sounds like you have mouse acceleration on .. which does just that. 

Also as for the lag.. does this happen without any mods ? 

Almost all types of lag, stuttering, etc. is always due to there being too little bandwidth in your hardware to handle the texture, mesh, extra object details you are asking of it. 

As for ini changes, then try to set all the resolutions to just 1024 and then see if it helps. It is the main performance related set of entries in the ini files. 

i play with 360 controller and mouse acceleration is off in ini settings.

yes it happens without any mods too.

With Fov set to 85 like Skyrim Revisited it becomes less annoying.

Resolution has nothing to do with it ,it happens on keeping resolution and settings limited to high and medium too.My Skyrim launcher automatically sets game to ultra.

In all cases it happens when distant details start popping in like if a tree got birth in view at faraway place(and even its a single tree) this happens.

• +1 1

Maybe it's vsync, I am having a bit of a rough time understanding you (no offence intended). But this sounds like a bit of the reason why I chose to run with enb's fps limiter. I run with enb's 2 windowed options on, so vsync causes all kinds of weird things to happen. Alot of people chalked up what I feeling as vsync stutter, but I never posted much about it cause I just couldn't explain it right, which is what I am thinking you are too. So, try turning off vsync and run with the fps limiter on and see if that helps, maybe also give the windowed options a go along with the fps limiter as well. If you are having the trouble I was having, the fps limiter is what helped for me, also bear in mind that nothing is perfect, so fps limiter can come with it's own side effects as well. If your frames are high enough, 60+, then the camera can act funny, it is not a problem for me at all, it just gets slightly annoying at times. This mostly happens to me in interiors were my frames run upward of 80, so if I get to annoyed by it, to combat this, I just turn fps limiter off in-game using the enb hotkey which the default key I believe is home or end. Also, sometimes you will see npc's while walking, stop doing there walking animation, and instead "float" if you turn off the fps limiter, regardless of your frame rate. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Slink

Maybe it's vsync, I am having a bit of a rough time understanding you (no offence intended). But this sounds like a bit of the reason why I chose to run with enb's fps limiter. I run with enb's 2 windowed options on, so vsync causes all kinds of weird things to happen. Alot of people chalked up what I feeling as vsync stutter, but I never posted much about it cause I just couldn't explain it right, which is what I am thinking you are too. So, try turning off vsync and run with the fps limiter on and see if that helps, maybe also give the windowed options a go along with the fps limiter as well. If you are having the trouble I was having, the fps limiter is what helped for me, also bear in mind that nothing is perfect, so fps limiter can come with it's own side effects as well. If your frames are high enough, 60+, then the camera can act funny, it is not a problem for me at all, it just gets slightly annoying at times. This mostly happens to me in interiors were my frames run upward of 80, so if I get to annoyed by it, to combat this, I just turn fps limiter off in-game using the enb hotkey which the default key I believe is home or end. Also, sometimes you will see npc's while walking, stop doing there walking animation, and instead "float" if you turn off the fps limiter, regardless of your frame rate. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Slink

Thanx for reply........your reasons sounded logical.....i gave it a try unfortunately it didnt help.i had fixed this problem once this fact is killing me.Basically i am getting micro-microshutters whenever distant detail pops in.Like a tree or rock detail , i think whenever an objects comes in the spectacular LOD zone i get a shutter.

• +1 1

Try use change the setting "ForceBorderlessFullscreen=" to "true". If what you are experiencing is what I think, this should fix it. This setting is in the enblocal.ini.

that did it bro.from five days i have been feverish to get it fixed.Now its much better and above all Playable.My heart still feals the chill of microshutter fear maybe a hour or 2 of gameplay will fix it.Thanx Again.

• +1 1