Mining Animation Issues

Shadriss

Question

I recently pared down a number of mods from my overgrowing list, and started a new run. The only mods I have that affect animations (that I am aware of...) are from STEP recommended mods, and thus, I was surprised to find this happen three separate times now. Specifically:

Here I am, in Embershard Mine. Bandits lie dead around me, mute testament to how much of a bad idea it is to mess with me in the dark, and I think to myself hey, I need more iron ingots. So I step up to the mine, wield my mighty pickaxe (fine), and hit the E button... and just stand there. The game puts all my weapons away, swaps to third person, and then I stand there, doing nothing. OK... odd. I try to move around, and fine I can do this... in a full 360 degree fashion. IE, the camera stays at the same angle, and as I move around, the character itself changes angles to match my keystrokes. I cannot, however, go back to first person view... or get out my weapons... or, really, much of anything else.

It's fairly obvious it's hanging on an animation, though why that would be is the question. Since I only removed mods in my recent purge, and did not add any in, I find it hard to believe it to be a mod incompatibiltly issue. For reference, I have AV, EBD, and DSR as Proccer patches, run through SUM, a mostly complete STEP lineup, and a minor collection of other mods that, if really needed, I can type in here later. FNIS was run on at least three separate occasions while I was troubleshooting, so I am fairly sure that is not an issue either.

Thoughts on where or how to begin troubleshooting this?

if you experience THAT dark interiors something is absolutley wrong. Have you installed by accident the CoT Interior patches?

such dark interiors you describe usually appear when another mod messes badly with the imagespaces. CoT interiors or ELFX enhancer

Edited by Mangaclub
  • +1 1

Uhm... the installer for the brighter interiors/nights lists it as Vanilla AND COT. TO me that meant either/or... was it meant to be a literal AND?

That asked, I'll go try that w/o that portion, but yes, I am using ELFX Enhancer as well... I was before I switched the Relighting Skyrim and then ELFX 2.0 came out, and no I switched back... though I did take out COT as well, now that you mention it.

Yeah, I'll go mess with that.

Little more on that, Neo? As I mentioned before, I was using it Pre 2.0 with Vividian and had no issues.

Enhancer darkens the worldspaces. Vividian is built around the ELE world spaces which is much brighter so a combination of Vividian + Enhancer would be super dark.

A few things, Shadriss, thought this could be helpful. I use realvision enb with elfx and cot. I get the same issue, the realvision author suggets changing these settings if you need to brighten things up 

To force a CoT weather, first open NMM - plugins and find out your HEX loadordernumber of ClimatesofTamriel.esm, as seen here. Remember this code and type "fw 0C02d46e" in console.

"I have a dark landscape but it's bright out"

Set EnableCloudShadows=false in enbseries.ini

"Underwater is crystal clear"

You're using Realistic Water Two and forgot to set bDoDepthOfField to 1 in your skyrimprefs.ini.

"It's too dark inside"

Increase AmbientLightingIntensityInteriorDay and AmbientLightingIntensityInteriorNight in enbseries.ini.

"It's too dark outside at night"

Increase AmbientLightingIntensityNight in enbseries.ini.

"It's too bright outside"

Decrease DirectLightingCurveDay in enbseries.ini.

"The sun is too bright"

Decrease SunIntensity and SunRaysMultiplier in enbseries.ini.

The author lists a few more tweaks I didn't list on his nexus page.

@redirishlord: I am looking into that OBIS mod, it sounds awesome. But I see that OBIS Redone overwrites files from SMIM and amidianborn, is it a problem? Or should I put it higher in the install order so SMIM and Amidianborn overwrite it?

...@redirishlord: I am looking into that OBIS mod, it sounds awesome. But I see that OBIS Redone overwrites files from SMIM and amidianborn, is it a problem? Or should I put it higher in the install order so SMIM and Amidianborn overwrite it?

I'm letting OBIS Redone overwrite those textures, but you can always "hide" the conflicting textures and let the other mods "win". I keep meaning to use the Data tab to preview my various texture conflicts and decide which I like best, but I keep getting distracted by shiny objects.

Well with vividian those settings wont affect anything because this is a weather enabled enb with alot of different ini files with those setting where as RV do not support any weather system at all and only works with one global enbseries.ini. There are alot of shader settings tweakable in the enb shader window/enbeffect.fx tab with vividian, also exposure for interior scenes. But it sure would be the best the mod that changes the interior imagespaces would be disabled so no enb base setting workaround is needed. I suppose in this case it is the enhancer wich is only usefull when using no enb at all. Some people also accidently install the climates of Tamriel Warmer interiors during the CoT install, then same bug happens.

SO Enhancer goes bye-bye then. I'll do that and see how it affects that problem, then move on to the animation again. Just to clarify (and thanks for the help on all this, though it didn't really apply) I do not use COT anymore... pulled it in favor of Pure Weathers due to compatibility issues some weeks ago.

More when I have it.

EDIT: Removing ELFX Enhancer made very little difference. Still darker than a Sith's Soul inside. So, to heck with it, going back to Relighting Skyrim. I can only take so much 'play with it and massage it until it works' troubleshooting.

Edited by Shadriss

First: RS made everything livable again. I didn't use the brighter interiors portion, and it was still just a tad on the dark side of what I want, so I'll be putting that back in.

Second: Yeah, I see that Manga... I may have to do that just to get all the weathery goodness back in. Pure is nice, but I haven't been in a blinding blizzard with ESS and Supreme Storms like I did with COT, despite having the non-COT versions in now, and I kind of miss that.

Third: Back to the actual issue - I made it to Embershard, and on the second mining node I ran across, ALMOST had the issue - this time it looked like it paused for about ten seconds, then did the animation. I wonder if maybe there is some part of CCOR that isn't happy and is making the anims play really slow or not at all? Thoughts?

I know some of those words you just used, Aiyen! I think... wait... let me get out my modder-to-end-user dictionary....

Yeah, I know how to clean a mod in TES5Edit... but that's about the end of it. I've tried poking around in it a bit, but it's worse than gibberish to me. It's Greek. :)

Oh, yeah, the original issue: I was in BFB last night, ran script latency in the cave above the troll hole (with the insane college mage) got an average of 53ms, activated the ore vein there and the animation started, then failed. I can mine ore by swinging the pick as a weapon, but not automated.

Looking in TES5Edit I'm seeing several FormIDs from Skyrim.esp overwritten by CCOR, then SIC, then the CCO-SIC patch which wins the conflict. I'm not savvy enough to spot the problem by looking unfortunately.

Edited by redirishlord