Photo

Mining Animation Issues

Best Answer Shadriss , 15 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

OK - apparently the solution is just to get rid of OBIS and SIC. Between those two, problem seems to go away. SOLVED.

Now to find a way to make the interior a small migde brighter... :)

Thanks all for the assist.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

What conflict did OBIS have?

#32 CovertSlinky

CovertSlinky

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

Yeah makes me curious too, the only conflict I came across OBIS wise, was from OBIS Redone, which overwited some SMIM and aMidianBorn textures. Not a big deal so far. I don't currently have a mining ore issue right now, but I did just install OBIS today, so I am gonna go check that out and see what happens.

EDIT: Just checked, and with OBIS installed, I have no issues mining for ore. So gotta be that other mod, SIC. My guess anyway.

Edited by CovertSlinky, 15 August 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#33 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

I posted the following on the CCOR Nexus forum:

I find I am unable to mine by activating an ore vein, often I can simply "back out" of the animation (S key) and manually strike the vein with an equipped pickaxe, although I occasionally become trapped in the animation and am forced to kill/restart Skyrim. I am using CCOR, SIC, CCO-SIC patch and Mining Makes Noise CCO version (in that install order in MO's left pane, LOOT sorted in the right pane to same order as well); /Scripts/Source/MineOreScript.psc & "".pex are being overwritten by Mining Makes Noise CCO version. Since I have Mining Makes Noise CCO version installed after Skyrim Immersive Creatures and overwriting the relevant script, should I just drop the CCO-SIC patch? Or is the patch doing more for me than fixing the script? Perhaps I could just add a LOOT metadata rule to load CCOR after SIC? Thanks in advance, and hopefully again after I'm able to get it sorted out.

#34 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

As to where the conflict it, I dunno. I'm GUESSING (heavy emphasis there) that it isn't a file or animation conflict, but a script latency problem. OBIS or SIC (or both) may have scripts that may just put enough of a load on my system that the mining script 'times out' and goes wonky. *shrug* It works, and I ain't arguing with that.

#35 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

I had the issue with latency averaging 51ms, not enough to cause problems.

According to posted on the CCOR forum Skyrim Redone overwriting the mining script will cause the issue, in my case Mining Makes Noise (also by Kryptopyr) is overwriting the mining script (I don't use SkyRe).

#36 CovertSlinky

CovertSlinky

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

So, you are saying that Mining Makes Noise was/is the culprit for you Irish Red?

EDIT: Understood.

Edited by CovertSlinky, 15 August 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#37 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

According to MO's conflict tab in the information window the script is being overwritten, my attempt to resolve it didn't produce a result but in hindsight I used an existing save - so maybe the problem is baked into the save. I've refined my Forsworn profile based on some mod testing & will restart to see if the problem is fixed with a fresh save (and to start fresh with my immersion mods in place).

* you can call me Red' my people came over from the islands a long time ago.

Edited by redirishlord, 15 August 2014 - 09:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users