Mining Animation Issues

Shadriss

Question

I recently pared down a number of mods from my overgrowing list, and started a new run. The only mods I have that affect animations (that I am aware of...) are from STEP recommended mods, and thus, I was surprised to find this happen three separate times now. Specifically:

Here I am, in Embershard Mine. Bandits lie dead around me, mute testament to how much of a bad idea it is to mess with me in the dark, and I think to myself hey, I need more iron ingots. So I step up to the mine, wield my mighty pickaxe (fine), and hit the E button... and just stand there. The game puts all my weapons away, swaps to third person, and then I stand there, doing nothing. OK... odd. I try to move around, and fine I can do this... in a full 360 degree fashion. IE, the camera stays at the same angle, and as I move around, the character itself changes angles to match my keystrokes. I cannot, however, go back to first person view... or get out my weapons... or, really, much of anything else.

It's fairly obvious it's hanging on an animation, though why that would be is the question. Since I only removed mods in my recent purge, and did not add any in, I find it hard to believe it to be a mod incompatibiltly issue. For reference, I have AV, EBD, and DSR as Proccer patches, run through SUM, a mostly complete STEP lineup, and a minor collection of other mods that, if really needed, I can type in here later. FNIS was run on at least three separate occasions while I was troubleshooting, so I am fairly sure that is not an issue either.

Thoughts on where or how to begin troubleshooting this?

Yeah makes me curious too, the only conflict I came across OBIS wise, was from OBIS Redone, which overwited some SMIM and aMidianBorn textures. Not a big deal so far. I don't currently have a mining ore issue right now, but I did just install OBIS today, so I am gonna go check that out and see what happens.

EDIT: Just checked, and with OBIS installed, I have no issues mining for ore. So gotta be that other mod, SIC. My guess anyway.

Edited by CovertSlinky

I posted the following on the CCOR Nexus forum:

I find I am unable to mine by activating an ore vein, often I can simply "back out" of the animation (S key) and manually strike the vein with an equipped pickaxe, although I occasionally become trapped in the animation and am forced to kill/restart Skyrim.I am using CCOR, SIC, CCO-SIC patch and Mining Makes Noise CCO version (in that install order in MO's left pane, LOOT sorted in the right pane to same order as well);/Scripts/Source/MineOreScript.psc & "".pex are being overwritten by Mining Makes Noise CCO version.Since I have Mining Makes Noise CCO version installed after Skyrim Immersive Creatures and overwriting the relevant script, should I just drop the CCO-SIC patch? Or is the patch doing more for me than fixing the script? Perhaps I could just add a LOOT metadata rule to load CCOR after SIC?Thanks in advance, and hopefully again after I'm able to get it sorted out.

As to where the conflict it, I dunno. I'm GUESSING (heavy emphasis there) that it isn't a file or animation conflict, but a script latency problem. OBIS or SIC (or both) may have scripts that may just put enough of a load on my system that the mining script 'times out' and goes wonky. *shrug* It works, and I ain't arguing with that.

I had the issue with latency averaging 51ms, not enough to cause problems.

According to posted on the CCOR forum Skyrim Redone overwriting the mining script will cause the issue, in my case Mining Makes Noise (also by Kryptopyr) is overwriting the mining script (I don't use SkyRe).

According to MO's conflict tab in the information window the script is being overwritten, my attempt to resolve it didn't produce a result but in hindsight I used an existing save - so maybe the problem is baked into the save. I've refined my Forsworn profile based on some mod testing & will restart to see if the problem is fixed with a fresh save (and to start fresh with my immersion mods in place).

* you can call me Red' my people came over from the islands a long time ago.

Edited by redirishlord