Various Texture Problems (Shiny outfit, shiny all blue outfit, blacked out grass)

Captain_Man

Question

I'm having a few issues and I'm more trying to find what may be the cause. I've removed/added some mods so some of these may have even been fixed but if I can get some help on what people may think the cause is I may be able to fix them myself or make a better description later. (I'm using STEP Core plus some extras, it's not "pure" core because I used some versions of mods to be compatible with the extra stuff I've added.)

First, Savos's (The Archmage's) outfit was very shiny and smooth. It seemed to be correctly colored though but it was smooth. Also his face was all black (I think he's a dark elf but I'm talking 0x000000 dark). He was in the room where you get the first lessons in the mage college near the... blue fire well thing. He would talk to me alright but he wouldn't walk anywhere. That may have been unrelated but just seemed to add to the oddness. The most strange thing was that when he turned around to look at me his head changed colors to a sort of maroon. I walked around him and jumped higher and the skin on his head (his hands were normal or gloved, I just remember that nothing was odd) changed colors depending on the angle I was looking at him from, it was always off though never seeming right. (And as a sub note, I went into the small village outside and another dark elf had the same off head but he was otherwise fine, walking around normally and not having shiny clothes).The next two issues happened at the same time. I entered an inn (or left, I just remember I changed zones) and most (if not all) of everyone's outfit was a very shiny light blue color. Their shields were too. I didn't think to zoom out and check myself. Their skin was fine though. It wasn't the "missing texture" pattern (or maybe Skyrim uses this blue? Not sure). Also, the grass/shrubs on the ground were messed up. It seemed like the textures had been replaced with black squares. Also maybe a rock or two was completely black. But before this everything was fine so it was only after I went through a load screen which makes me think it wasn't due to a bad load order but I'm not so sure.

I'm hesitant to think this is a GPU error because I just got a new GTX 780 with 6GB vRAM (reference has 3GB). But I've had errors sort of like this before with an older card trying to play new games but this is a new card.

Could it be a bad load order or priority order (using MO)?

3 answers to this question

A: you had some ordering issues with bad pointers between mesh and textures... 

B: You had too little memory and the textures failed to load properly. 

C: You had bad textures which could not load resulting in black, blue, and/or shiny apparence of objects and actors. 

D: Something else I am too tired to think of now. 

Without specific screenshots and a more reproduce able context it is hard to tell which it might be. 

I made a new game and tried to duplicate both and saw nothing, I've been tweaking the ordering around, maybe I fixed it? The only "issue" I think I have now is the guards don't have the eye holes in their helms from Improved Closefaced Helmets (ICH). I have Immersive Armors (IA) installed and I'm fairly certain it's just that ICH doesn't have meshes for IA because in the conflicts tab for ICH the only thing overwriting it is from another ICH mod (Imperial no cloth on neck is overwriting something from the vanilla mod) and when I was testing before I added IA the guards had eye holes. This truly isn't a big deal to me to be honest.

It'd be great though if someone could just have a look at my load orders to "double check" as I'm new to the heavy modding (always played with a couple at least but not this many)

[spoiler=Plugin Load Order]

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmCutting Room Floor.esp83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.espThieves Guild Requirements.espMoss Rocks.espRainbows.espNonEssentialChildren.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espMoss Rocks_DB.espBeards.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espRealisticRoomRental-Basic.espConvenient Horses.espDeadlyDragons.espVendorSaleDelay-Gone.espDeadlyMonsters.espDead Body Collision.espElemental Staves.espmintylightningmod.espFootprints.espShootingStars.espTraps Make Noise.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espFixedEyeAdaption.espDr_Bandolier.espFootprints - Ash.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espRaceMenuPlugin.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espLock Overhaul.espBrows.espNorthborn Fur Hoods.espSkyUI.espTradeBarter.espORM-Arvak.espDragonShoutVoice.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espRaceMenu.espSMDropLitTorch.espSkyRe_Main.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espWeapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.espADS.espParalyze.esp3DNPC.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espDistant DetailHF.espAFT_iNPCFix.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espInigo.espAmazingFollowerTweaks.espImmersive Weapons.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espSkyRe_EnemyScaling.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espSkyRe_Survivalism.espSoul Gems Differ.espUndeath.espClamsDropPearls.espRealShelter.espSkyRe_EncounterZones.espBirdsHFclean.espFalskaar Undeath Deadly Dragons SkyRe Patch.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espEMCompViljaSkyrim.espNoxUE2.00.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espSDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.espPoint The Way.espHearthfireChimneys.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticNeedsandDiseases.espRadiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.espRND_USKP-Patch.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRND_Dawnguard-Patch.espRND_Dragonborn-Patch.espCloaks.esp1nivWICCloaks.esp1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.espRun For Your Lives.espTheChoiceIsYours.espImmersive Patrols II.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espCompanionValfar.espHothFollower.espHothFollower UFO Patch.espSkyRe_StandingStones.espChesko_Frostfall.espSFO - Dragonborn.espRND_HearthFires-Patch.espRND_AnimalLoot.espSkyRe_Races.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espSkyRe_EnemyAI.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espWetandCold.espAOS.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espPilgrimsDelight.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espHunterborn.espHunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.espHunterborn_RND-Patch.espHunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.espBlockSparkles.espGildergreen Regrown.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espSkyRe_Combat.espTheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.espBorderSense.espIHSS.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espUnique Uniques.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espSTEP Core Patch.espWetandCold - Ashes.espWhen Vampires Attack.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espgetSnowy.espiHUD.esprandomthunder.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espPre ReProccer WAFR IA7 IW UU Patch.espReProccer.espBashed Patch, 0.espPost ReProccer Fixes IA7 IW UU Patch.esp

[spoiler=Mod List]

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.+SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager+Bashed Patch - SkyReFall-Bashed Patch - STEP Core (High)+Unique Uniques+Immersive Patrols+Fixed Eye Adaptation+Companion Valfar+Vilja in Skyrim+Amazing Follower Tweaks - iNPC Patch+Amazing Follower Tweaks+INIGO+Hoth+3DNPC+BorderSense (Notifies when crossing border)+Vendor Sale Delay - GONE+Wyrmstooth+Falskaar+Real Shelter - Full Release+Get Snowy+Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3 - Dragonborn Patch+Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3 - Dawnguard Patch-Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3 - Dim Dungeons+Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3 - Bright Dungeons+Bandolier - Bags and Pouches+Fur Hoods HD+Winter Is Coming - Cloaks+Cloaks of Skyrim - Dawnguard Addon+Cloaks of Skyrim+Dragon Combat Overhaul+Deadly Dragons+Hunterborn+Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Basic+Realistic Needs and Diseases+Belt-Fastened Quivers+Frostfall - HD Travel Cloak+Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival+SkyRe Compatibility and ReProccer Patches+ReProccer - Automated SkyRe patch generator+T3nd0s Skyrim Redone+Undeath+Alternate Start - Live Another Life+Better Shaped Weapons+STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project - CORE+When Vampires Attack+Wet and Cold - Ashes+Wet and Cold-Traps Make Noise - Follower Safety Patch+Traps Make Noise+Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf+The Paarthurnax Dilemma+The Choice is Yours (DG) - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options+The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options+Skyrim -Community- Uncapper+Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux+SM Drop Lit Torches+Run For Your Lives+Oblivion Gates+Non-Essential Children+Lock Overhaul+Gildergreen Regrown-Follower Trap Safety+Dual Wield Parrying+Convenient Horses+Come together N Out of the way - Nausicaa-S Tweaker+ClamsDropPearls+Auto Unequip Ammo+Ultra Realistic Crossbow Shoot Sounds+Ultra Realistic Bow Shoot Sounds+Thundering shouts+Smooth blades draw and sheath+Realistic wolf howls+Lower Sounding Thieves Guild Door+Improved Combat Sounds+Immersive Skyrim Thunder V6+IHSS - Improved Horse Step Sounds+Feral Werewolf sounds - HIGH AGGRESSION+Dragons Shout with Voice from location+Dragons Shout with Voice+Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2+Better Weapon Swing Sounds+Better Horse Pain Sounds+Better Animal Footsteps+White Phial Replacer+Sweet Mother - the Night Mother Improvement+Super Realistic Ore Textures+Soul Gems Differ+Skyrim Redesigned+SLOD Wine Cellar Full Pack - Less saturated Labels+SLOD Wine Cellar Full Pack+Ceramic Style Potions+Ceramic Style Poisons+Septim HD (Coin retex)+Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD+Pilgrims Delight - High Hrothgar Shrine Retextures+HD Keys+HD Display Case - Smudged Glass+Mystery Modders Shrines HD+Intricate Spider Webs+HQ Paper+HD Sacks Retexture - Type B Small+HD Sacks Retexture - Type B Big+HD Ore And Ingots+HD Linens+HD Baskets Retex+Gemling Queen Dragon Claws+Enhanced HD Dragon Bones 2k v1.6a+Enchanting Candle Meshes Improved+Detailed Rugs+Dark Brotherhood Tenets Restored - 2k+Better Shadowmarks+Skyrim Performance PLUS (Rift Leaves Good Performance)+Skyrim Performance PLUS (Snowfall)+Skyrim Performance PLUS (Rainfall)+Skyrim Performance PLUS (Pine needles)+Shooting Stars+Smaller Ice Spike and Ice Spear (50% vanilla)+Running with a bow 3rd person+Rainbows+NoMaaM Breathing Idles non-BBB+Lightning during Thunder Storms+Improved Weapon Impact EFFECTS Correct Metal+Finer Dust (Smaller particles in musty places)+Enchantment Effect Replacer+Dual Wield Blocking Animations+Deadly Spell Impacts+Dawnguard Rune Weapons FXS Replacer+Better Turn Animation only One pose - Fix Crossed Swords+Better Turn Animation only One pose+Animated Weapon Enchants - Vanilla Sounds+Animated Clutter+Ultimate HD Torch -less glowing cloth- 2k+Ultimate HD Torch 2k+Not Really HD Mask of Clavicus Vile - Wrecked+Nightingale Prime HD - Leather Version+New Thinner Torch - Smoking Torches and Ultimate HD Torch Compatable+Greatsword Sheaths and Scabbards Redux+Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project Dragonborn (Thinner blades)+Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project Dawnguard (Thinner blades)+Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project (Thinner blades)+Gemling Queen Jewelry+Elemental Staffs - 2k+Elemental Staffs - Main+Immersive Armors+Immersive Weapons+Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows - With Immersive Weapons-Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows+Explosive Bolts Visualized HD Textures+Explosive Bolts Visualized+Better Circlets HQ V1o1 2k+aMidianBorn stormcloak officer armour+aMidianBorn imperial light and studded+aMidianBorn - Content Addon+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Bonemold Hotfix+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors+aMidianBorn Blade of Woe+Natural Eyes - 512x512 (Better looking vanilla eyes)+Better males - Underwear+Better males - Faces+XCE - Dawnguard+XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement+Dawnguard Rewritten - Arvak+Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - 2k Rough+PondFish and Salmon Replacer - texture+new children+More Realistic Hair (Better looking vanilla hairs)+Improved Foot Wraps for females+Frost Atronach HD Retex+Female Vampires Have Fangs+Cover Khajiits - Males (Retex)+Cover Khajiits - Females (Retex)+Brows - High (Better looking vanilla brows)+Birds and Flocks (Adds more birds)+Better Freckles+Better Beast Races v2 (Retex)+83Willows 101BUGs V4 1 HighResolution+Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer Pack+Beards - High (Better looking vanilla beards)+Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack - High+Whitrun Trellis Texture 2048+Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revised SMIM Patch+Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revised - Yellow 2048+Visible Windows High+TreesHD Skyrim Variation HIGH+The Skyrim Distance Overhaul Beta (S.D.O.)+The Beauty of Skyrim - Dungeons 2k+Terrain Bump Landscape Normals - Performance+Telvanni reborn+Stalhrim of Skyrim - 2048+Skyrim Improved Puddles - SIP+Distant Detail Hearthfire Edition+Realistic Water Two+Re-Defined Dungeons WIP+Realistic Mushrooms+Real Wood Textures - Farmhouses 2k No Moss+Real Ice (Better looking ice)+Point The Way (Adds more signs)+Moss Rocks - Dragonborn DLC Addon+Moss Rocks+Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One+Improved Vanilla Mountains HD+Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs Retexture+HQ Snow Texture 2_7_1 2048+HiRes Legible Road Signs+HQLODs - Meshes Hi-Res+Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim+Footprints - Ash Supplemental+Footprints (In snow)+Enhanced Night Skyrim v04 Low Stars+Enhanced Distant Terrain+Hd Enhanced Terrain and Map snow 2048x2048 Version+Dragon Glyphs HD - Fixed (Dragon Chiseled)+Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Recolored Pines and LODs for Basic+Skyrim Flora Overhaul - DB Addon+Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Basic+aMidianBorn Whiterun 2k+aMidianBorn Solstheim Land 2k+aMidianBorn Farmhouse 2k+aMidianBorn Caves and Mines 2k+A Quality World Map - Clear Sky Plugin+A Quality World Map - With Major Roads+Enhanced Distant Terrain 2 - Dragonborn+Enhanced Distant Terrain 2+HQ FOOD-INGREDIENTS 1-6+Tobes Highres Textures (2048)+HD Misc Items+Serious HD Retexture RIFTEN 2048px+Serious HD Retexture LANDSCAPE 2048px UPDATE+Serious HD Retexture LANDSCAPE 2048px+Static Mesh Improvement Mod+SkyFalls + SkyMills+Ultimate HD Candle Flames+Ultimate HD Fire Effects - Ultra+Realistic Smoke and Embers - High+Ruins Clutter Improved+Unknown Enchants (Shows unknown enchants)+Smaller Cursor+SkyUI+Race Menu - Saved Presets+RaceMenu+Fertigo Pro Font+Lockpicking interface retex+KenMOD - Time on loading screen+iHUD - Immersive HUD+HighQuality3DMap - Normals Original+HighQuality3DMap - Hi Res Mesh+Better MessageBox Controls+Better Dialogue Controls+XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS (Frostfall)-XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS+Realistic Ragdolls and Force+Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade - Immersive Weps and Armor-Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade+Trade And Barter - Hearthfire+Smart Souls (Soul gem filling tweaks)+Skyrim Project Optimization+SKSE-Elys-AltF4+Ragdoll Paralysis+Improved Closefaced Helmets - Vanilla (Imperial, no cloth on neck)+Improved Closefaced Helmets - Dragonborn+Improved Closefaced Helmets - Dawnguard+Improved Closefaced Helmets - Vanilla (All)+Guard Dialogue Overhaul+Fuz Ro Doh (Fixes unvoiced dialogue)+Fast travel timescale fix+Double Cursor Fix+Dead Body Collision Fix+Cutting Room Floor - Removed Vanilla Quests+Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix+Consistent Older People (ALL skin wrinkled)+Clothing and Clutter Fixes - LEGENDARY+Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition+Bowlegged Jump Animation Fix+Appropriately Attired Jarls (New jarlsteward dress correctly)+Distant Decal Fix+Stable uGridsToLoad+SKSE Scripts+Unofficial High Resolution Patch+Unofficial Dragonborn Patch+Cleaned Dragonborn ESM*Dragonborn+Unofficial Hearthfire Patch+Cleaned HearthFires ESM*HearthFires+Unofficial Dawnguard Patch+Cleaned Dawnguard ESM*Dawnguard+Unofficial Skyrim Patch+Cleaned Update ESM