Interactive Clutter (by fireundubh)

fireundubh

Interactive Clutter
v0.3

Google Drive shared folder.   

Overview

Interactive Clutter is the successor to More Interactive Items by JustinOther and converts more than 11,000 static clutter objects into miscellaneous items that you can grab, pick up, trade, steal, and break down into components for recipes.

Interactive Clutter was built from scratch using the power of TES5Edit automation.

All miscellaneous items are tagged with the appropriate keywords.

In addition, all miscellaneous items that are located inside owned properties are flagged as owned.

Frequently Asked Question

What is the difference between Interactive Clutter and More Interactive Items?

• [*]More Interactive Items has been abandoned for two years. Interactive Clutter is alive and kicking. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't support Dragonborn. Interactive Clutter does. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't support Requiem, Hunterborn, or other mods. Interactive Clutter does. [*]More Interactive Items converts 88 moveable statics to miscellaneous items. Interactive Clutter converts 92. [*]More Interactive Items replaces 9,568 references. Interactive Clutter replaces at least 11,040. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't tag new items with keywords. Interactive Clutter does. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't flag new items in owned cells as owned. Interactive Clutter does. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't have a merged plugin. Interactive Clutter does. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't value and weight new items correctly. Interactive Clutter does. [*]More Interactive Items doesn't have breakdown recipes. Interactive Clutter does.

The short answer: Where More Interactive Items doesn't, Interactive Clutter does.

EDIT:

@fireundubh has once again released his mods for the public, but not through Nexus.

Edited by GrantSP
  • +1 1

What issues? I don't see how...

I don't remember all the detail since it was so long ago. I do remember is was pretty much a unanimous vote for dropping it because it was just ridiculous and seen as a rather pointless mod. I do remember part of the issue was objects from rooms would end up in the middle of floors for no apparent reason, bumping into some objects would send them flying around the room, simply walking into some rooms would knock things off tables and objects on some tables with people sitting at the table would constantly bounce. I also remember it being described as the "poltergeist" mod. The community wanted it removed from STEP as much as some STEP team members.

You run into an object that before was a static... now it can move hence you could kill yourself running into all sorts of small objects and what else happens when havok goes nuts. Gets even worse when you have multiple objects that collide into each other etc. 

Also the fact that you would end up picking up EVERYTHING.. my favorite was every time I wanted a lettuce head.. I ended up almost always getting the cart instead... Weird issues about how it can even fit in my pocket aside.. then it was just annoying to the point where I had to remove the mod. 

I get that it is a nice touch for immersion, but from a gameplay standpoint I can understand why all those small completely irrelevant objects are not setup like this to begin with! :) 

All that said then nice to see that you wanted to bring the mod back from the dead, and hopefully you can do something with it that will make it better! 

I didn't mean any disrespect by my comments, just to be clear. I simply wanted to point out some of the issues with More Interactive Items. Whether this issues exist or not in your mod, I don't know. But it's worth being aware of them.

I just wanted to know if there were any issues I could fix! 

I don't remember all the detail since it was so long ago. I do remember is was pretty much a unanimous vote for dropping it because it was just ridiculous and seen as a rather pointless mod. I do remember part of the issue was objects from rooms would end up in the middle of floors for no apparent reason, bumping into some objects would send them flying around the room, simply walking into some rooms would knock things off tables and objects on some tables with people sitting at the table would constantly bounce. I also remember it being described as the "poltergeist" mod. The community wanted it removed from STEP as much as some STEP team members.

This sounds like the mod was voted out because everyone forgot to turn on vertical sync. iPresentInterval must be set to 1; otherwise, Skyrim's physics and other parts of the engine go haywire. 

Also the fact that you would end up picking up EVERYTHING.. my favorite was every time I wanted a lettuce head.. I ended up almost always getting the cart instead... Weird issues about how it can even fit in my pocket aside.. then it was just annoying to the point where I had to remove the mod.

Someone in the comments on Interactive Clutter wrote: 

I'm not sure how I feel about being able to pick up a huge object like a hand cart and shove it in my pocket. Then again, I can carry a giant sword, 15 daggers, 6 great axes, a couple suits of armor, hoards of soul gems, potions, firewood and ingredients not including dragon bones and scales... And somehow store it on my person. So this seems perfectly reasonable too.

TBH, I wish someone would make a Santa's Bag mod, where you're carrying a bag over your shoulder and the bag grows as you reach your carry weight limit. Edited by fireundubh
  • +1 1

This sounds like the mod was voted out because everyone forgot to turn on vertical sync. iPresentInterval must be set to 1; otherwise, Skyrim's physics and other parts of the engine go haywire. 

I think vsync was used back then; however, I'm not positive. It could have been left up to the user. Currently the STEP Guide instructs users to disable it in the INI in favor of setting it in ENBoost. I have to be careful with vsync and framerate limiters due to having an IPS panel. The panel doesn't enjoy being forced by some of these solutions to do one thing or another.

I think vsync was used back then; however, I'm not positive. It could have been left up to the user. Currently the STEP Guide instructs users to disable it in the INI in favor of setting it in ENBoost. I have to be careful with vsync and framerate limiters due to having an IPS panel. The panel doesn't enjoy being forced by some of these solutions to do one thing or another.

That's a problem with the STEP Guide then. Skyrim's built-in vsync MUST be enabled. The game absolutely relies on it being enabled.If you disable it, bad things happen, even if you use ENBoost or "force" vsync on with the NVIDIA Control Panel.

That's a problem with the STEP Guide then. Skyrim's built-in vsync MUST be enabled. The game absolutely relies on it being enabled.If you disable it, bad things happen, even if you use ENBoost or "force" vsync on with the NVIDIA Control Panel.

We've not had an issues within the last two releases that it's been disabled. What exactly relies on it being enabled in the engine?

We've not had an issues within the last two releases that it's been disabled. What exactly relies on it being enabled in the engine?

It's more that Skyrim, specifically the physics engine and day/night cycle, was designed to work correctly at or under 60 fps. You could probably limit your fps another way.

It's more that Skyrim, specifically the physics engine and day/night cycle, was designed to work correctly at or under 60 fps. You could probably limit your fps another way.

The FPS is still capped to 60FPS in the STEP solution which doesn't have the vanilla vsync enabled. This is done through ENBoost for best performance in the realm of smoothness during gameplay. At least, that's the low-down of it. There was a great deal of testing done before this solution as implemented. Thus far, no ill effects have been reported. I'd be interested if your mod still worked the same with this solution over the vanilla vsync.