Interactive Clutter (by fireundubh)

fireundubh

Re- configuring what you pick up, I'm thinking you're best served using the primary safety from your firearm. That's your index finger btw (& yes, I am a smart ass, but I mean well). :;):

I actually use my middle finger to pick things up.But that is not the issue I mean! If you have five carrots inside a basket in game and you try to ONLY grab the carrots, its near impossible! I generally resort to grabbing the basket and turning it upside down before grabbing my carrots... perhaps that's more immersive too...

Really glad you posted on Immersive Clutter & Master of Disguise, both coincidentally compliment my current character quite nicely.

Since you're using Hunterborn, I'd also recommend Campfire Cooking. Better Favor Jobs is a good one, too. 

Looking over your list then it seems to me that the amount of firewood is rather... excessive.. as I recall then firewood if you harvest it is what 4 pieces at most ? and it has a weight of what 4 per piece? (sorry if I am outdated on this!)  But it just strikes me as one thing that perhaps should be toned down a little bit! In general since there is so MUCH clutter then what you can get from it should also be scaled down in comparison. Perhaps even add a feature of failing to get anything from an item.

In vanilla, you get 2 firewood every 8 seconds up to 6 firewood per activation. Each firewood weighs 5.
  • +1 1

I'm sad I can't +1 your "middle finger response" (I'm always happy when I can say something that can, and probably should, be taken two ways).

As for clutter targeting, i assumed it was a mini-game (like lockpicking) try to grab the unowned cabbage without accidently stealing the owned kettle its in. You could always grab the carrot (by holding with your middle finger instead of clicking), lift it into the air, then click it to take it into inventory. Make that an app for mobile devices & get paid!

Ninja'd: got both your suggestions fireundubh, I'm not a stranger to your work (even know about that BFB backdoor). I threw in Cooking for Alchemy so I could skill up while Campfire Cooking and made a [spoiler=Merged plugin]Alternate Start Complete Cooking Expansion;Cooking AlchemyHelgen Imperial ArmoryCooking Expanded DBCampfire Cooking - AlchemyCooking ExpandedCooking Expanded HFCampfire Cooking - DGCampfire Cooking - DBStarting Spell ChoicePatch Starting Spell Choice - LAL

Endorsed the lot, I don't start a new game without them.

Edited by redirishlord

The "physics problem" is basically ********. Sorry. More physics-enabled objects doesn't mean worse physics overall... As for picking up a cart instead of a cabbage, maybe try aiming first.

On the second part, you know as well as anyone here that you can be pointing your cursor right at an object, and still get the interaction for another one that, in Skyrim's mind, is between you and the intended object. That said, I'll acknowledge that point because...

You are going way overboard (IMO) about the physics issue. I readily agree, as has everyone here, that using vsync corrects the worst of the problems related. What we refer to is the side effects of having the added physics-enabled items. Things that have been mentioned include the way you can take damage from bodies just by walking over them, caused by HAVOK going wonky for a moment as a result of it's math; The Flying Mammoth (Sorry, Aiyen, for the incorrect attribution earlier), caused by exactly the same calculations; and high-velocity random flying objects that can be caused by (shockingly) the same calculations in addition to (and not only from) the aforementioned v-sync setting.

The argument is not that the engine has problems with physics and v-sync, which you seem unable to get away from. The concern is that, with the sheer number of additional items being physics enabled, more and more obvious issues of the types mentioned above can become far more noticeable. This is not an attack on your work in any way - it is a simple consequence of the engine, it's limitations, and the way HAVOK works it's voo-doo magic.

Try to keep in mind that, unlike most forums on the net that deal with mods and modding that I've seen, we are not here to rip apart ideas or denigrate a persons work. We look at, analyze, and try to provide feedback. Nothing anyone has said, including my single comment, is meant in any other fashion, and to have you reply as you did to my comments is, quite simply, uncalled for. Please, for the sake of the moderator's sanity, try not to lose your cool like that. It can only end in flamage, trolling, and other stuffs that none of us wants.

Honestly, if not for the simple and unavoidable (for now...) physics weirdness, I'd go for this. I simply choose not to potentially be in the direct path of a random edible missile.

I don't see how calling this mod or More Interactive Items "an easy pass" qualifies as constructive feedback.

That's great for you that you're not going to use the mod. I respect your decision. But you know I can't fix the engine. Why bother telling me?

When you're not hungry, do you walk into every restaurant and tell the cooks you're not going to eat any of their food?

When you read about a mod on the Nexus and decide to not download it, do you post in the comments "I'm not downloading this"?

Seems to me you just wanted to say "I don't like your mod." That's cool. Well, I don't like your reasoning. At least I'm straight up about it.

As an aside, now I know why JustinOther quit modding Skyrim after More Interactive Items. He caught a lot of flak for trying to make the game more interactive, too.

Edited by fireundubh

I don't see how calling this mod or More Interactive Items "an easy pass" qualifies as constructive feedback.

Well, I don't like your reasoning.

As a stand alone comment, out of it's complete context, it wouldn't be. I'm sorry if you take my comment in a way it wasn't intended, but the short version is that, because of all the things I listed before, I didn't have to think too hard about it's inclusion. If you don't agree with my reasoning, that's fair enough - if we all thought the same, mods wouldn't be needed to make good games even better.

I ask, again, that you not make this a crusade. While I've done no modding myself for Skyrim, I did spent just short of a decade producing several for the (now ancient) Quake3 Engine, and I understand fully the frustration that you are feeling at this moment. To continue the metaphor you used in your last post, I don't go into a restaurant to tell them I won't eat their food... I go in to help them make it into something I will eat. By stating the issue, identifying it, I hope to inspire you to go beyond what work you have already done and attempt to either find a way to resolve the issue or, at the least, to perhaps mitigate it. That is the purpose of forums such as this - at least in my mind. The work you have done is, by comparison to anything I am able to produce for this game, stellar. I simply believe that it can be better, and hope that you can match my vision to your reality.

You asked for feedback - you received it. Perhaps it is something that can't be fixed. But until that is known for certain? I've seen amazing work pulled of that nobody thought could be done. This mod and this idea could easily be the next one on that list.

And on that note, I'll step back... maybe I've replied once too often as is, but as I mentioned earlier, I do want to avoid a flame war.

:) I'll have a look. At the least, I'll get it in the queue for testing after I resolve a lighting problem and animation issue I'm experiencing.

EDIT: That's what I get for posting before clicking. :) Let me rephrase - I'll CHECK THE LIST in a short while and see what I come up with. :)

Edited by Shadriss

For my centennial post on the might STEP Forum, my thoughts on your list. It's pretty much a straight "went down the list, and had this thought" kind of thing. *shrug* SO yeah...

Bones to Bonemeal : Pretty straightforward, but it does occur to me that bigger body parts should produce more bone meal. Or maybe a pair of hands or feet producing one bonemeal... something to show that you get more of the end product out of a bigger beginning product.

Crate to Firewood : Similar to the above. With the amount of camping I've done where I've burned old pallets instead of logs in my fire, I think it's safe to say that a crate would give a smidge more than a single piece of firewood. Maybe up to three or four would be more realistic for the materials present? It would certainly align more with the amount of wood you are planning for barrels and the like.

Gold Utensils : I'm of two minds here. First, I agree with the results being in ore as opposed to ingots. I'm not sure on the numbers you get back though. My division of mind, honestly, has to do with two seperate setups, one with CCOR and one without. Using CCOR, where 5 ore = 1 Ingot, the numbers seem good. But for vanilla, where IIRC 2 ore = 1 ingot, then I think you would be able to get far more value out of the broken down item than the item itself is worth. Actually, that may be true with the CCOR version as well. This actually spawns another question in my mind - how are these items priced now that I can stick them in my Infinite Pocket of Infinity? And how do they balance against what I could get for them if they are broken down?

Urn Fragments : If there are two different sizes, why do both break down to the same amount of clay? Both the Large and Small versions yield a single piece.

Those things aside, the numbers look close to whats in my head - at least close enough that any difference would be pure personal preference.

Turns out I worked with an old backup of a modified More Interactive Items so all of the values and weights are wrong.

What I'm going to do is:

- Value the new MISC items by dividing the value of the output by 1.5

- Weight the new MISC items by multiplying the weight of the output by 2

This makes it easy to say things like:

- 1 Stone Block is worth less than 10 Quarried Stone

- 1 Stone Block weighs more than 10 Quarried Stone

- 1 Stone Block produces 10 Quarried Stone

Breaking down an item trims the "fat," basically.

Edited by fireundubh

I lie the "trim the fat" reference. I've been clearing BFB with v 0.1 installed, so far so good, no unexpected Havok related havok. Taking the urn several linen wraps were contained in had them gently hit the floor a roll / settle a little. I saw deer skulls in my path so I picked them up instead of impaling myself as I am want to do. I wouldn't call it intense or extensive testing, but initial impression re- physics is good.

v0.2 has been uploaded.

- A new optional extension that adds recipes for breaking down items is now available. Hearthfire is required.

- All of the values and weights were updated to match the outputs of the respective recipes for breaking down items.

- The No Hearthfire main plugin and the No Hearthfire version of the recipes extension will be uploaded later.

Other extensions do not require updates; however, be aware that the values and weights are based on vanilla/USKP components. Later, I will need to provide two more main files with values and weights adjusted specifically for Requiem and Requiem - Hard Times.

• +1 1

Plugged this mod in to test it out for a bit. Only been using it for a few minutes and can tell you the issue with the objects bouncing on the tables is still present with iPresentInterval set to 0 or 1. Just sat in a chair at a table and had a pie jump off into the floor. At another table an egg kept rolling and rolling in place without anyone touching it.