ENB v0.261

Vulgar1

Question

This is just a heads up and may not even apply to everyone.

When I booted up Skyrim I recieved the "New Update Available" message withe ENB splash screen. I have seen this before and updated v0.254 when there was actually no version update. This time there was an update to v0.261. I intalled the new version. I always keep my original enblocal.ini so I won't have to go back through and change the settings again. I then check the new version of the enblocal.ini to make sure there hasn't been any new settings made available or old ones removed. There were no changes so I just used my original enblocal.ini.

Anyway here's the point Skyrim will not launch using ENB v0.261. Not even to menu screen. A couple of windows open and close like normal but then nothing happens. I beieve it has something to do with the enbhost.exe itself. 0.254 is no longer up on the enbdev site. Luckily I had a backup.

This is a warning to everyone that they should backup ALL there enb files and folders.

It was actually this app that saved me and I highly recommend it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7804/?

I am also wondering if anyone might have an idea why this may have happened.

Edited by Vulgar1

8 answers to this question

When updating from one version to another you only need to copy over the d3d9.dll and the enbhost.exe.. all other files are preset dependent, or if anything new is added to either enbseries or enblocal.ini they will automatically write in default values. They will never overwrite old setting however as long as the parameters have not changed name. 

I've had the same issue. Tried everything to make it work but nothing helped. Reverted to the old enb now.

Is there anything we could be missing here? I followed all the instructions and possible fixes to no avail.

I'm having a similar problem. Luckily like Vulgar, I have a 254 build I can fall back on, but any attempt to launch Skyrim with version 262 in my directory ends in a "Skyrim has stopped working" prompt before the game even launches; whether I use SKSE or just the vanilla launcher, it crashes. Only removing the ENB files or replacing them with the older 254 version's fixes the issue for me.It should be noted that I'm not even utilizing an ENB and this is happening, just ENBoost. No extra fluff. UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics can be set to either true or false, both crash on me.MINI-UPDATE: I'm thinking the 262 version of d3d9.dll might be the issue, as I can swap out the enbhost file and it'll run (Although it'll still be recognized as 254), but the second the new d3d9 gets in, it stops working.

Edited by Colban