Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Not working with MO?

Arky

Question

I have tried installing AOS 2 with and without other mods, both with the installer and manually, and with 'Download with Manager', and downloading manually and sorting the directory and adding to MO.

(Sorry for all the ands)

With and without the optional patches.

When in game,  the sounds its supposed to add/overwrite are either silent, or the vanilla sounds.

Anyone able to install AOS 2? or know why this is happening?

Thanks.

15 answers to this question

Yes, done that aswell :S Im simply out of ideas

Strange, happens with Smooth draw and sythe aswell (not alongside AOS as I know their not compatible together)    but I've also tried Heart of the Beast, and it successfully adds the werewolf howl.

Immersive magic sounds is 50/50,   for eg with the Fast healing spell,  it plays the sound when u first hold down the action button,  when released it does not play the rest, sorry if Im making it hard to understand.

UPDATE:

I have been able to install it,  but only by adding it manually inside the Skyrim directory,  outside of MO.

Its going to be abit fidly getting the patches in, but hey, its working and thats what counts, everything else works fine in MO.

Edited by Arky

Sorry for delay, tried that, with no luck :L  

It is strange that the Heart of the Beast mod with the werewolf howl sound fx works in MO for me, and the others dont.

Installing AOS manually, (Outside MO, in the Skyrim-Data folder) alongside Immersive sounds, works fine, which is kind of annoying changing in and out of MO, as I would rather have it all in one place, but hey could be worse right :)

Edited by Arky

Please take a look at the AOS readme file. It outlines how Skyrim handles sounds. Towards the bottom the author specifically states known mods that conflict with AOS, Immersive Sounds being one of them.

Just make sure that any ESPs get loaded after any other sound mod ESPs. Use LOOT or BOSS to make your userlist exception.

Edit: Still, this does not explain why it did not work when it was the only mod enabled. I will still try looking for a solution.

Ok cool, yes I have put the mod (when using Immersives sounds along with its patch for AOS), in the correct load order,  have used LOOT.

Im thinking it may be something to do with my actual Skyrim, though I used MO on a clean install,  wiped everything and reinstalled the lot.

I cant seem to get Skyrim Fantasy Soundtrack Project to work, both in and outside of MO.

Its the little things that are annoying to fix >.<  no idea whats going on