General Feedback

Does it matter if you Remove "Identical to Master" records first and then you Undelete and Disable References in a plugin after a filter for cleaning or vise versa?

In the guide it's stated to undelete and disable references first and then go for removing ITMs during the cleaning of official DLCs. I noticed some strange behavior like clipping into the ground or falling into gaps that would throw me under the scenery while going around in Megaton. I have just finished the installation of supplemental UI and followed the guide precisely step by step like its presented until now.

I recovered the cleaned official DLCs to vanilla state did the cleaning process again removing ITMs first then UDRs and there's no issue in Megaton at least. Can someone confirm this or is it only on my end?

Btw, new fix mods from Yukichigai

Tenderizer Fix [ https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/20551/? ]

Creature Companion Fixes - Dogmeat - RL-3 - Fawkes [ https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/20549/? ]

Edited by Brainfever

As I understand it it's better to do the ITM errors first for a set of mods. They are almost always true errors vs. workarounds. Then come back and do the UDR errors, realizing that some mods may have a problem with removing UDR errors. Typically Vurt's wasteland flora mods needs its UDRs so don't remove them, for example. I'll look around and see if there is any good written guidance. I'll look at the FO3 guide and make sure it is consistent with this.

For the vanilla mods we know both ITM and UDR need removal. ITM first is likely better.

LOOT says that the FireLightFix is already included in the Unofficial Patch, therefore I can disable it. Is that okay?

Edit: I'm just getting a little concerned about the load order's size. Right now it has 162 plugins loading, doesn't it already reached the plugin cap for FO3?

Edited by hamgelu

Thanks for the note.  I'll remove this mod from the guide. None of the fixes are especially important (unless they affect you , of course) except for the Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 patch, by the way.

Yeah, I get it. I'm just a little OCD about guides and that kind of stuff, I always like the follow them to the core.

A few edits for you:

• Fallout 3 Dual-Core and Multi-Core Fix; these settings are often needed in Fallout 3 with multi-core CPUs to avoid a CTD during launch

[General]

bUseThreadedAI=1 iNumHWThreads=2

Change to:

bUseThreadedAI=1

iNumHWThreads=2

[RenderedTerminal]

fRenderedTerminalZoom=33

[Fonts]

sFontFile_5=TexturesFontsDarn_Sui_Generis_Otl_13.fnt <- included in above Darnified UI Font Tweak

FalloutPrefs.ini Tweaks

• Allow facial morphs from mods to work correctly.

[General]

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1 <- should be in Fallout.ini not FalloutPrefs.ini

Creature Companion Fixes - Dogmeat - RL-3 - Fawkes

• Installation: Move Creature Companion Fixes No DLC.esp to optional ESPs.

NPC-Confessor Cromwell has a Break

Fixes multiple bugs in Vault 106. <- delete

FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition

Move one of the tracer ESPs to optional ESPs.

JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating

This mod adds in weapon overheating so play and spray is a little less easy in big fire fights. 

Change to spray and pray

More Map Markers <- wrong link, should be More Map Markers

Hi-Res Weapons and Ammo Textures

Another mod, with higher resolution versions of vanilla meshes, in this case weapon and armor meshes. Along with the previous two mods it is a good base to use and let other mods overwrite.

Change to ammo.

DIMONIZED TYPE3 female body

Female body textures, including raider tatoos, from the one of the best boy replacer mod creators.

Change to body.

Enclave DX  <- wrong link, should be Enclave DX

Hellfire DX <- wrong link, should be Hellfire DX

Winterized DX <- wrong link, should be Winterized DX

EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements

In Mod Organizer's left pane double-click the mod and in the pop-up box select the "Optional ESPs" tab.

Move "EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp" and "EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp" to the "Optional ESPs" box.

Not needed as these ESPs do not exist.

Freso has been adding enough LOOT rules, bash tags, and cleaning instructions that I will start switching over tomorrow. There are still plenty of other things that need to be added, but I can make due with the changes he/she(?) is implementing currently.

Ragdoll Overhaul FO3 Edition causes my father to get thrown back a couple of times during the baby opening scenes.  Was funny the first time but not very realistic.  It also has caused some rather immersion breaking death throes too.  Had a raider at Springvale School start spinning sideways and stretching out until he was just a bunch of strings avfter I killed him.  When doing the Vault 101 start, Grandma Taylor ends up half buried in the floor and Jonas is sometimes missing.  Also quite often when targeting through VATS you cannot select the Torso , however you can select legs, arms, head no problem. 

The guide is getting better and better by the day!

Just as a suggestion, it would be aesthetically better if you moved the changelog to the bottom of the page, or to another page as it is with STEP.

Edited by hamgelu

I can move it to the bottom. It's on top for the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas guide, but there has been a lot of activity on the CPD guide lately. Would it be better if there was only a short changelog on the guide itself with almost everything on the separate changelog page?

I've started to test using the guide with LOOT vs. BOSS for sorting mod plugin order.

By the way, I've been using the cleaned DLC ESMs for the past month or so while developing the guide. I haven't had any obvious problems in the areas in a number of places in the Capital area, but I haven't traveled to DLC specific areas yet.