General Feedback

I managed to find a solution to the incompatibility between Point Lookout Reborn and In the Shadow of the Swamp in regards to the Punga Fruit script. Turns out that by deleting (or overriding) the Activator records xx004269 and xx00426a to restore the default Punga Fruit script (xx004e2e) which is modified by ISS will fix the problem (xx = Point Lookout DLC esm).

As far as I know, the Point Lookout Reborn script is very similar to the vanilla script just with its own edits that allow the plant to regrow, something done with the Unofficial Patch. The edits In the Shadow of the Swamp makes are to give the player a random Punga Fruit which are essential to the quest. It was something that was apparently missed with The Wasteland Patch Collection.

Also, the Point Lookout Reborn script (xx0045c8) script didn't appear to work anyway, since I got no message that I received a Punga Fruit.

Thanks for the update. I looked at some of the Punga records but couldn't see where the Point Lookout Reborn records/scripts were overriding. This will be added to the guide.

By the way, although the In the Shadow of the Swamp text says that the alternate Punga fruit happens 10-15% of the time, in a playthrough without PLR the frequency of the altered (mutated, poisonous) fruit was unfortunately much lower than this.

@kelmych 

I've created a compatibility mod between Millenia's Weapons (6 pack and working on his individual replacers now.. 2 or 3 of them I think) and Weapon Mod Kits. Finished the Retexture Project already. Need to wait to get permission before I can upload it. Emailed both authors. If I can't upload it I'll show how I did it. Its not a quick process.

That's great. It will be good to have this support for Millenia's weapons.

At the same time, my biggest issue with FO3 weapons is that almost every weapons mod author chose to modify the vanilla weapons rather than create their weapons as standalone; this would have required adding the weapons to the appropriate levelled lists for NPC and store inventory but to me that is a small price to pay. If Millenia's weapons are used then many other choices in weapons aren't always available including features like RH_Ironsights (which I think adds a lot of immersion; it was put into the game engine for FNV)

The Fallout Weapon Project seems to work with Iron Sights right out of the box (at least with the WNK compatiblity patch I've made they do. I didn't try the weapons on their own and I only tried the FWP weapons.. all seemed to have ironsights fine). Creating 2 plugins. 1 is just for the FWP weapons and the second will allow you to use FWP and his other weapons (3 i think? not sure how many.. just finished the mauser) with WMK. 

If you have suggestions on compatibility let me know. I don't think I'll take the time to do something like this again for a while but as I'm working on it day and night (mostly learning) at the moment I don't mind learning new things. Not sure I want to touch leveled lists yet. All of his weapons are replacers in these patches. 

perhaps I can attempt to make the weapons ironsight compatible if they aren't (any that I end up using). My list is smaller than I thought it would be (still have a ways to go) but I can keep it in mind.

I have permission from Antistar. Mellenia gave Roy permission a while back but I rather get direct permission first. If I don't hear from him I may see if Roy cares to put his name on it with me for permission purposes.  

EDIT: I'm deciding to make just one patch I think for all weapons. Getting confusing trying to manage 2 plugins with how things are set up. And I hit the first RH issue. The AK47 doesn't work with it right out of the box. The Mauser is working though. Will see what I can do.

EDIT2" The ak47 uses ironsights but you have to start shooting first for it to kick in. I'll look at it further. All the rest of mellenias weapons work with ironsights. Not sure if they did before but they do now.

So yeah. Every one of Millenias weapons work with Iron Sights and WMK now (just need to figure out the final permissions situation). AK47 is the only oddity in that it still only works with Ironsights after you start shooting. Holding aim doesn't center the rifle but firing it does. Once I get this in order I'll upload this. Whenever that will be = ) .. and link it for some feedback

That sounds great. With your changes Millenias weapons can be used as good vanilla replacers. Are you having to change the models (meshes) in order to do this?

When it's finished I can make a small patch to allow mods like Impact to work with these weapons.

Had to recreate the nif's using both files (which is why I still need permission from Millenia). Each WMK variable has a number of models that needed to be remade. Then I need to upset the .esp as the 3D parts then point to wrong pieces of the weapon to hide. So adding a scope may give you a laser or you have guns with no triggers or bodies so I had to redo all of that. Carried the first person records over from the vanilla game to get some things to work too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to kelmych and all who contributed for a great guide. I had to reduce my plugins to 201 from 247 before I got stability (graphics glitches and my escape button stopped working as I got to the last patching sections of the guide). Your guide made me learn xedit and merge plugins like never before. Haven't completely solved my stutter problem yet (Windows 10) but messing with the DPI settings of my mouse have reduced the effects after all the ini settings failed (although New Vegas Fear & Loathing which I installed a week ago is fine), I think I am simulating the wheel mouse I originally started the game with back when. Not completely sorted yet though, as Bash Patching causes a hang before the main menu shows. While I can play without, I cannot accept failure lol. As someone who has used all the STEP guides at different times, yours has been the most challenging. Thanks again. Oh and NOT ONE CRASH once I got the plugins problem sorted. ::):

Disabling Diagnostic Policy Services using services.msc worked for me. No more stutter and one crash in 24 hours of play. So far disabling it seems to cause no other issues, setting it to manual may be safer.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you test your mods as you went to make sure things worked or did you install everything at once then push play for the first time?

Tested = Go back to the last point you tested, removed the mods beyond that point and load one at a time testing to see where the issue lies

Never Tested (Installed everything and pushed play) = Start from scratch and test as you go.

... Asset mods could cause crashes due to pushing your GPU or the game itself past its limits

... Plugins could conflict if not set up correctly or a mistake was made during installation

... some mods like Sutter remover may just not work on your system.

Collision Meshes
  • Author: KaneWright
  • Version: beta_05_oct_2017
  • Requirements: UPDATED Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch, Precision Collision - Clutter, Better Booze, and Fallout Food Package Retexture Compilation when the optional files are used
  • Notes: This mod changes the collision meshes of many game static items, making them much smaller.
  • Fallout NV Equivalent: Collision Meshes by MadAce and KaneWright
  • Installation: Get the main file (1.52) and install with MO. Get the update CollisionMeshes FO3 1.5.2 to Beta_05_oct_2017, and the optional files BetterBoozeFix, FalloutFoodPackageRetextureCompilationFix, PrecisionCollisionClutterFix' and use [Merge] when installing to combine with the main mod in MO.

Collision Meshes was updated to version 1.6.0 in January so the "CollisionMeshes FO3 1.5.2 to Beta_05_oct_2017" optional file mentioned is no longer available or required.

• 3 months later...

So, I've made an account just to report this if it hasn't already been done. 

I've experienced crashes while using Fallout Stutter Remover every 10-20 minutes of playing. When I disable it, I have no issue other than the mass amount of stutter and jumpiness. 

I'm sure some of you have seen this issue as well. 

Anyways, I've read about it being due to a creator's update on win10, and that it happens when you transition game cells. 

I found this as a fix, as I've been testing it out (using a set-up of the game that follows the S.T.E.P. guide to a "T") and After almost an hour of playing, I have not experienced another crash. 

I've noticed a little bit of stutter as compared to with this fix unapplied, but it's a lot better than having the mod turned off altogether. 

"You can use the Stutter Remover without crashing on all games with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. However, there are two lines in the .ini file you must change in order to remove the crashing. I am using the GOG version of Fallout 3 and am roughly 10 hours in without a single crash. Open up your FSR .ini located in Data/FOSE/Plugins or in Mod Organizer and change the following two lines to equal zero.

bHookCriticalSections=0

bHookLightCriticalSections=0

They are right next to each other. Failing to set both to zero, will cause crashes on cell changes. However, with both set to zero, you can successfully remove the stutters and also be crash free.

Cheers,

Audley"

P.S. I found this fix in a different thread somewhere.

Edited by Spazicle12