1062 replies to this topic

#1051 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

This apparently doesn't fix the problem for all users, but it will be added to the guide since it does for some users.

#1052 danielleonyett

danielleonyett

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:59 AM

reporting in

I just tried downloading LOOT from the link in the guide and Norton AV removes it, says there's a problem. On the nexus LOOT comment page, pStyl3 says it's a bad call on Norton's part. The nexus file downloads just fine, though it's a later version than what's called for in the guide. I figure that's just a result of the guide not being updated every time a new version of something comes out. I'm assuming that standard procedure is to download the latest version of files unless otherwise stated in the guide.

what are the guidelines regarding going in and editing the guide? With Neo's Skyrim Revisited guide, I would go in occasionally and make little corrections, with no complaints from Neo. Is this guide also open to that? I see some editing on the history of the page that is done by non-staff members, such as fixing small gramatical/typing errors and other such edits. Would it be acceptable for me to also make such changes?

#1053 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

Anyone can edit the guide; obviously some care is needed. Please don't remove or add mods directly to the guide; post information in the forum if you have recommendations to add or remove a mod including your experience with the mod if it's relevant. There is also a guide section that lists interesting mods that users might want to try; feel free to add to this section including some brief comments about the mod. If you want to change versions of a mod in the guide make sure you test the new version to make sure it works, and add a comment in the changelog about the version change. Currently the versions of LOOT and Wrye Flash are old, by the way. I'm currently testing some mods for addition to the guide.

#1054 Hackerpcs

Hackerpcs

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

In Merging Plugins section, Fallout 3 Hirezd (flamer and minigun plugins) are said to be fine to be merged but they are masters to the final STEP patch of The Wasteland Patch Collection.

Speaking of which, with the help of ElminsterAU, I was able to strip the STEP patch of 20th Century dependencies for those who don't use it

https://mega.nz/#!xF...tc3Y1_j9_5kFrNY

What I did was

-Use three dummy plugins in place of each of the three 20th century masters

-Filter by "only injected" in xEdit and delete the 2 records

-Apply Filter For Cleaning

-Use "Remove invalid entries from from lists.pas" as suggested by zilav to remove unresolved errors

-Clean Masters

Edited by Hackerpcs, 10 October 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#1055 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

Thanks. This will be added to the guide (or you can add it if you want)

#1056 Hackerpcs

Hackerpcs

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:57 PM

Not that familiar with wiki editing, if you can please add it :)

#1057 Saul

Saul

Prisoner

• Contributors
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Yes please  - I'd be interested in following this step (with clear instructions for those who are thick like me) 

#1058 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:26 PM

I'll add it soon.

#1059 MalekBrood

MalekBrood

Prisoner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

I wonder if anyone can help me with this?  I am using the 20thCW-less esp provided above but i am getting an error flag in MO saying that it is missing a master - WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp.  However, following the guide, it says...

RH_IronSights FWE- WMK compatible
Core 
Cleaning 
  • Author: stabbycarrot
  • Version: vlatest
  • RequirementsFWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition., Weapon Mod KitsRH_Ironsights - FOSE (original version or the recommended Paradox Ignition merged version).
  • Notes: This mod allow iron sights to be used with all FWE modded weapons without messing up their damage values.
  • Installation: Download and install the ESP patch file with MO.

This mod combines the "WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release" plugin from "FOIP - Weapon Mod Kits and FWE 6-03" and the "RH_WMK_Bridge" plugin from RH_Ironsights, so those two plugins are no longer needed.

So I'm a bit confused because MO flags a missing master yet the guide says I don't need it due the above mod.  Can someone please advise.

Regards.

#1060 zimeron1

zimeron1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

Some help for those having trouble downloading DarnUI from modsreloaded like I had:

If you are getting a 403 Forbidden when you hit the "Download" link, try going to "Files" instead and hitting the "DarNified UI F3" link instead.

#1061 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:26 AM

I wonder if anyone can help me with this?  I am using the 20thCW-less esp provided above but i am getting an error flag in MO saying that it is missing a master - WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp.  However, following the guide, it says...

So I'm a bit confused because MO flags a missing master yet the guide says I don't need it due the above mod.  Can someone please advise.

Regards.

When mods are combined to eliminate the need for one or more plugins it is possible that another mod may still expect the original master. This can be fixed with xEdit or Wrye Flash; the result is that the need for the missing master is eliminated. The procedure is described in this guide page for Skyrim starting with the subsection titled "Changing Master File Names in Plugins"; use FO3Edit instead of TES5Edit and use Wrye Flash instead of Wrye Bash.

#1062 Hackerpcs

Hackerpcs

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:58 AM

Regards.

This is an oversight by me while installing the guide and I think it also needs an edit.

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

is from

"FOIP - Weapon Mod Kits and FWE 6-03"

that here

https://wiki.step-pr...al_Patches_List

is for use for the second row, which I actually (and I think most people) are on the 6th row and they installed

FWE, Project Beauty (Fallout 3 Redesigned), Weapon Mod Kits, RH_Ironsights, EVE, MMM

So, from "RH_IronSights FWE- WMK compatible" only RH_WMK_Bridge.esp must be installed. I'll try to remove also WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp from the final STEP patch.

Edited by Hackerpcs, 06 November 2018 - 01:06 AM.

#1063 Hackerpcs

Hackerpcs

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

Here it is with "WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp" removed

https://mega.nz/#!Id...yrnEpgmQUO_V0R0

Edited by Hackerpcs, 07 November 2018 - 09:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users