General Feedback

@Hackerpcs,

Many thanks for the amended plugin.  Been busy of late and only just had time to catch up on modding and came here to follow the Skyrim guide to sort it myself when I saw the update you provided. 

I'm probably gonna give the guide a go anyway and edit the original myself as I feel it can't hurt for future modding to learn how to do it.

Again, many thanks.  ::):

Edited by MalekBrood

How much space does this guide require?

My mods folder is about 25.5GB so you might double that if you are downloading mods from Nexus with Mod Organizer. Also note that the size varies depending on which optional mods you install.

I'm using the GOG version of Fallout 3. My base Fallout 3 folder is around 10 Gb. I have a lot of mods installed, and my FO3 Mod Organizer\mods folder is around 40 Gb. I have more files installed than most users would have since I run tests with mods before adding them to the guide and I have some mods installed that are not in the guide as well as some backups of vanilla files in case I need them.

These folders are both on an SSD. I have the download folder for FO3 Mo Organizer on a different volume (a disk partition).

Exeter additional armor are too strong for game. Wasteland scout for example bring +5 Per +1 Luck to cheracter who wears it. Its just insanely strong - might be good idea to edit effects to provide smaller bonuses and outright remove it on some clothings - refugee clothing gives +2 to 2 stats and +3 to third one - thats just insane, especially since if you are lucky you can end up with with this armor from first raider(like I got myself a westeland scout armor). I re-edited effects for what I think is appropriate, lowering all stat bonuses in at least two times

Exeter additional armor are too strong for game.

Are you using the Exeter Type 3 Armor Fix mod. The instructions for this mod including disabling he Exeter clothing and armor plugins leaving only the meshes and textures. The plugin from Exeter Type 3 Armor Fix mod does not include any stat changes such as the ones you mention. Perhaps the guide should have an additional note to emphasize that if the Exeter armors/clothing are used this mod should be enabled.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the update! Some notes:

Simply Uncut got a pretty big update, went from esp to esm. I think the appropriate new file is "Simply Uncut - Standard V.1.5 - A New Age"

Zealotlees ACR - Adaptive Combat Rifle -NO fose- has moved the "d_ZL-ACR-Nofose_ALTStats-IS" to older files, I think the new equivalent is "d_ZL-ACR-Nofose_FWE-IS"

Brisa Almodovar has had an update and only has 1 main file

DCworld21 - Monticello Park was removed from Nexus

Thanks very much for the mentioning these; the guide will be fixed shortly. As always. comments and are appreciated including what might be added to the guide.  I like the guide to be fairly comprehensive but at the same time useful across  a wide range of Bethesda Fallout and modding  experience. Lately there seem to be more guide and forum users who don't have extensive modding experience, and I am trying to make the guide easier for them to use particularly on their initial time they are following the guide.

I've been fairly busy for a while but I want to get the guide back to being up-to-date. I also want to add some FO3 examples of plugin merging and eliminating masters from plugins since this topic comes up regularly and a few examples are often better than having only long text descriptions.

I haven't done this in a long time, but I think when I did it it was in the hud_main_menu.xml file in menus\main in DarnUI Support for FWE (or in whichever mod is the last UI mod installed before UIO that has this file). I think aHud might also do some of this.

Hey Kelmych, in the guide at the part Robots HD Rextexture (from QuazarX) there's a DC Interior patch in the mod installer, but there's no mention about not touching it or install it in the guide. Because we use DC Interior project, i believe we have to install it anyway ? what's your advice about it ?

QuazarX has published several retexture mods. Some of these use textures from NMC and from chucksteel (author of DCInteriors) which are used without permission of the original creator. Both NMC and chucksteel have commented about this. I spent some time a while ago  looking at the comparable NMC textures and QuazarX retextures. It was apparent in some of the textures I examined that the QuazarX retextures had started with NMC textures. I also looked at the vanilla textures, and I was surprised that QuazarX hadn't started with these textures since he clearly had the skill to make excellent retextures based on the vanilla textures.

The guide excludes mods with texture or model changes done without authors permissions, so the DC Interiors retextures are not included in the guide. A note will be added to this guide mod Notes about this.