Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

Hello. I decided to go back to Oblivion's modding after 6 months

When i launch wry, i've noticed that robert's mods and esp are not checked. Was it the case when we use oco? Is it possible to avalable tour last guide to verify?I don't remember. When do you update your new guide because it was a great guide. Thank you

Hello. I decided to go back to Oblivion's modding after 6 months

When i launch wry, i've noticed that robert's mods and esp are not checked. Was it the case when we use oco? Is it possible to avalable tour last guide to verify?I don't remember. When do you update your new guide because it was a great guide. Thank you

The last guide had a bunch of issue.

My main focus is minimizing CTDs and provide quality over quantity

I have the contents of the old guide but as a whole, it no longer is a thing.

However, this is the wiki and there is a history button

The last guide had a bunch of issue.

My main focus is minimizing CTDs and provide quality over quantity

I have the contents of the old guide but as a whole, it no longer is a thing.

However, this is the wiki and there is a history button

Yeah I understand. I tried using your old guide about a month ago to mod Oblivio. But I guess everything had been updated since you'd made it, and I couldn't even exit the sewer's without CTD'ing every time. And now with this guide, I modded it up exactly as you said up unto the Grass Overhaul and everything is working perfectly. I can't wait until you start working on it again and finish it, meanwhile though I'll be replaying Oblivion with what I have now. Keep up the amazing work and thank you so much for re-doing and updating this guide!

• 2 months later...

Hey! Followed the latest guide up to the letter and have made it up to the end of "User Interface". Now when I try to start a new game I get a CTD. Everything seems to be installed correctly and I checked to make sure the fonts in Oblivion.ini are in the fonts folder...they are, with the exception of Handwritten.fnt, which I assume is in the bsa. Is there something else I should be checking?

Sorry for the triple post, it's not letting me edit. UPDATE: Issue solved, the thing to do was to make sure there's a line break between the fonts info you're updating in Oblivion.ini and the next section.

[Fonts];SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
sfontfile_1=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Exeter_28.fnt
;SFontFile_2=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Shadowed.fnt
sfontfile_2=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_14.fnt
;SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\Tahoma_Bold_Small.fnt
sfontfile_3=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_16.fnt
;SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\Daedric_Font.fnt
SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\DarN_Oblivion_28.fnt
;SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt
[speedTree]
iTreeClonesAllowed=10

vs

[Fonts];SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
sfontfile_1=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Exeter_28.fnt
;SFontFile_2=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Shadowed.fnt
sfontfile_2=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_14.fnt
;SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\Tahoma_Bold_Small.fnt
sfontfile_3=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_16.fnt
;SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\Daedric_Font.fnt
SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\DarN_Oblivion_28.fnt
;SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt[speedTree]
iTreeClonesAllowed=10

the second apparently confuses the game

@Kattmandu - I am using "Oblivion Modding Guide 2.0 by demwaifu" (you can google it) mainly because it uses lot more stuff than this one and I like to mod as much as I can. But this one is very good too if you want a more lightweight setup (I played about 3 hours with this one). This one also give less headaches for compatibilities.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Most guides fall out of date.

Currently, this guide cannot fall behind as it uses mods that are unlikely to change.

I focused on actually testing and culling the causes of crashes, freezes and the dreaded framerate killers because I want my experience to be perfect. Thats another thing, I have never played oblivion because I keep nitpicking issues. The furthest I have gotten is the chapel.

I also like things to be consistent, this is hard for most users to grasp as they are ignorant of how things work, but it haunts me all the time.

I recently poked oblivion again, but there are a few outstanding issues with OR that I just can't ignore.

I could make a discord channel for this guide where people can poke in and chat, I am usually around not doing much.

EDIT: Here you go, if it doesn't work out, I'll dissolve it in a week or so.

Thanks! Maybe I give this STEP guide a try. Nothing worse than getting a bunch of mods installed and then having your game CTD consistently at 6 hours into a play through. Stability is important to me. I have a fast computer but the fastest computer in the world will still CTD if mods don't play nice, especially in Oblivion! Seems like Oblivion will crash just because it's Oblivion. I watched a video the other day that mentioned using streamsaving is more stable than vanilla saving; haven't tried it out yet however.

FYI, there is also a 10 year anniversary modding guide by PredCaliber on YouTube. I watched the video and he makes some interesting points. Might be worth watching if you haven't already.

I'm excited to mod Skyrim SE but I decided to wait until after SKSE64 is done and many mods are available which support it. So I'm here in Oblivion (since I never finished it) until SKSE64 happens.

Edited by Kattmandu