Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

TesModManager is the successor of OBMM.

The reason I found that it takes ages is because its mo... There are actually a few reasons that I found but are probably incorrect in one way or another.

-Maybe I can drag tannin in to answer the question with better accuracy.-

I personally would like internal support for omods and wizards and the ini edits it makes.

In the quite recent past I have discovered that 7zip loves to change the extension on .omods -> .zip

This means that the archive will decompress and move the 5 internal files to the data folder which it incorrect.

You do not know how glad I am to hear that it wasn't difficult to follow.

As for the BOSS rules I was going to borrow or link to a wiki page.

Right cobl races needs resources. I figured as much but I didn't see anything in the documentation that the resources were still required.

I was thinking about going down the road of an alternate race mod.

The reason I left RAEVWD is because the guide is not finished and I feel that I can leave bits in that I haven't quite decided on yet.

You say your game lags did you give this a good look

I am almost sure that this was it. So far, I believe it is okay.

There is some documentation that says crank it up, a few say leave it alone and others support what I had described in the guide.

If you can give me an Idea of the system, performance (fps) feeling and etc.

Similar to whats going on in this page.

<STEP UserName>

Test #

Guide Revision v X.X.X.X

Goal

(Any reason for testing?)

Hardware

(if Over-Clocked append OC) CPU @ GHz, RAM, GPU, VRAM, Multi-card (type, Enabled?)

ini edits

Any custom inis that are use list here.

Time/crash

(hr):(min), (crash?)

Visited locations

(cities, dungeons, interiors, tamriel, DLC/Islands)

Save type

(New, Continued, special?)

Extra Mods

(Any?)

Cheats used

(tdetect, tgm)

Issues

(weirdness?)

Enhanced shaders

(ENBOOST, ENB, SweetFX)

ENBOOST inis  

FPS per location

(high, low, avg)

Feeling

(How did the game feel?)

Disliked/Hated

(Any?)

Wanted Mods

(Any?)

Edited by hishutup

TesModManager is the successor of OBMM.

The reason I found that it takes ages is because its mo... There are actually a few reasons that I found but are probably incorrect in one way or another.

-Maybe I can drag tannin in to answer the question with better accuracy.-

That happens irregardless of running omod install (either using OBMM or TesModManager) trough MO or not.

Looking Nice.

Thanks phazer11...

Well, I crashed after about 48 min.

I added a lot so I'll have to find what caused it.

I'll list the mods I had added in comparison to the latest test I completed which worked perfectly fine.

I believe it was an outdated patch or extension of a mod that had errors in references.

At first glance it seems like is TOFT quest delayer but I am unsure.

If some has tested the guide recently can you post your load order like a boss log.

list of new stuff

Alive Waters Updated-44069-0-9

Bartholm70 Full-5022

Morroblivion_v063_Complete

vurtsashlandtreesmorroblivion

MorroblivionWaterV3

VHB-SI Fixed-36389-1-5-6

thelostspiresv14

TOTF_1_2_2-11598

RTT_3_0-3027

RTT_3_0_1-3027

Gates To Aesgaard Ep 1 Archive-13814

MTCExpandedVillages-27125

Deadly Reflex v6_0_beta101-8273-1

AHR v1-4-40389-1-4

Aellis Bashed Delayers v3129C-25946-3-1-29-C

Curse of Hircine Resurrected 4_2_1-35118-4-2-1

CoH 1st Person Anims DR6-35118-0-8

Duke Patricks Actors Can Miss Now Rev 3-17706

Heavens Wrath Weather Change Spell-3364

Oblivion XP-35333-4-2-4

Populated Prisons 12-25232-1-2

Forli's Vampire Revolution v1.06-45116-1-06

Ducks and Swans for Cyrodiil-45275-1-0

Ducks and Swans UL Imperial Isle Patch-45275-

slofs_horses_base_2.0

Ravens and Seagulls-45359-1-1

Improved Fires and Flames-38061-1-0

Falling Leaves V1_0 BAIN-44257-1-0

HUD Alive 5_2 OMOD-44751-5-2

MTC Villages Lost Spires Patch v 1_1-42430-1-1

RTT Weye Relocation Patch-34010

OBGE

OBGE_Effects_v31rc3-BAIN

OBGE_LW_v21rc4-BAIN

stuff I think it may be

Here are some random screens

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

EDIT: OR it could be an unstable OC...

Edited by hishutup

I guess I'll post the random updates periodically because I do not want to commit to a changelog yet...
removed cobl races because it required resources and replaced it with OCOCCCM (hover for tool tip)
received permission to redistribute CCC so I added it but I do not know how it is going to work

Added CCC and OCOCCCM
No, I am not going to type that out.

I believe the previous crash was from the quest delayer mod or my overclock settings

Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I've been using your guide to reinstall Oblivion and it's been fairly impressive so far. One thing I'm confused about; for example, at the bottom of one of your mod selections, there's a note saying:

BOSS Masterlist Update Required:

• Summon Dremora Lord Saved.esp BOTTOM DLC 4

I've been presuming that I should just run BOSS by clicking on the icon at the bottom of Wrye Bash, but is that ALL you are suggesting? Or are you saying that we should find a way to somehow get BOSS to add BOTTOM DLC 4 to its masterlist? And if so, how in tarnation are we supposed to do that? I did run BOOSGUI and took a look at the user rules section but adding something like that is as clear as mud.

If that's what we should be doing, perhaps you could add a little bit to the guide saying how we should do this? I've been doing all the green and yellow installs right up to MOBSification of MODS but BASH doesn't like that because of all the missing masters so I think that one might have to be skipped.

Thanks for all the work you've put into the guide. Oblivion is even more fun than Skyrim when it's running as well as it does with your STEP suggestions.

nope this is appropriate place to post this because its something wrong with the guide itself but Im not going to be strict on posting until things get unmanageable.

BOSS Masterlist Update Required:

•  
    • Summon Dremora Lord Saved.esp BOTTOM DLC 4

in this case you need you load up BOSS GUI.exe because it has a User rule editor
So, click on Edit User Rules

1a0cc0cb42.png
353d5d38e7.png

This window will popup
420d671894.png

In the installed plugins list on the right-hand side find Summon Dremora Lord Saved.esp or copy paste the name and the .esp at the end and drag or paste in the For field.
Check the Sort item box
and in this case there is two options

1. before and after is to sort by plugin
  2. top and bottom is to sort by Category

In this case you need to select Insert at the BOTTOM of
1a762c2874.png

The second field is where a Category (not sure if that is what they call it) from the master list is placed.
I am generally going to use the Category one because I chose to from the start.
The Category is from this large list that BOSS uses.
de307c2aff.png
the list is pretty long but that is just a screen

I have provided the correct term so that all you need to do is copy/paste or type what I have written
In this case that is DLC 4

This is what is should look like.
85a9cb5913.png

Then click Create New Rule and then click Save and Exit
Last rerun BOSS and the plugin should sort correctly now.

I'll type up a proper BOSS section, unless there is someone out there that want to summit their own.Anyone?

Does this answer you question @Rudeman?
Anyone can be active and help out with the guide just shoot a pm or post here...

Edited by hishutup

Excellent reply!! It's a perfect answer. I've been using BOSS to check load order for years and years and didn't know that I could add rules, because I never ran the GUI. Now I have to go all the way back to the STEP beginning and do the BOSS update for everything I missed.

Even without those updates, I haven't had many problems. System was running about 120 frames before I did the fps limitation in one of the mods. And the game looks even better than Skyrim does with the STEP mods you've suggested. Last night, I was heading to the coast north west of Anvil and the sun looked marvellous. I got to the island, stood on a rock and watched it set over the water. It was beautiful. I must have stood there for 5 minutes just looking.

For someone doing a multi-mod install, I suggest doing a copy and paste of your ENTIRE Oblivion folder to a separate backup folder on another drive. If the game crashes when you restart, just delete the working folder and copy everything back. It has saved me having to reinstall from scratch a dozen times. BASH seems to retain all the settings you've made on the deleted mods though, so maybe I'll have to try copying the BASH folder too before doing a multi-mod install.

Thanks for the reply and I'll get back to adding all these rules.

Edited by Rudeman

Another question? After adding all the weapon and armor mods, and the creature mods down to Ravens, Bash gives me a stdout/stderr message after compiling the Bashed Patch. It seems to be Immersive Weapons, and TESEdit did find some dirty stuff but it still does the same thing. I'll attach a snip of the screen. Anybody have any idea how to fix it or if it's actually a problem? I haven't run the game yet since the last patch but I'll do that now.

Error seems to be 'ENCH' record 10223140 eid u'RSenArrow 15Disintegrate50' in Immersive Weapons.

Edited by Rudeman

Yes, the version of Bash is 305(Standalone) and CBash is 0.6.0. Should I try the Cbash Beta option? Game ran good for about an hour, then CTD'd.

Lodgen pointed out another error when it comes to the OCO esp. 

[Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp] File loaded[Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp] Start processingError: record TES4 contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord DATA 41544144Errors were found in: [TES4:00000000]Contained subrecords: HEDR CNAM SNAM MAST DATA DATA

When I load  Oblivion Character Overhaul into Tes4edit, it finds the same errors but can't fix them. Anybody else have this problem or is it one of my extra mods conflicting?

You should be using CBash
It is mentioned at the bottom of the guide

Okay I think its OCOCCCM (Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp replacer)...

I haven't been able to test it because I was busy but I'll look

If you want, hop into the unofficial chat and we can work something out a lil quicker

Edited by hishutup

TES4LODGen and CBash worked just fine for me even with OCOCCCM
are you using any RED colored mods or invisible colors?

Are you using cobl races?

Remove these:

OK, I didn't see the cobl reference until now. I checked and Cobl races had somehow gotten into the mix but I removed it and unchecked cobl catalogs in Bash but I still got the same stderr.

Later: ran Cbash Beta, checked everything and saw Bash was trying to merge Roberts Body.esp, which I knew was a problem with OCO. I unticked it and no stderr any more in the Bashed Patch. Now to figure out why OCO and Knights of the Revelation are giving errors.

After running Tes4Edit on Knights of the Revelation.esp, it doesn't find any ITM or UDR's but it does find a swath of NUL references and script errors. I'll try another d/l.