Photo

ILS when fast travelling to Whiterun

Best Answer GunerX , 20 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

there is something you can do.

under the SKSE>PLUGINS folder you might already have MemoryBlockLog.dll and MemoryBlocksLog.ini, if not you should go find them. (I forget where I downloaded them from, google around for em) Open up MemoryBlocksLog.ini and at the top where it says EnableLog=false  Change this to =true.

SKSE will now output a log file showing you how much memory the game is using. You can use this to confirm SKSE.ini is working because if it isn't working then your Memory log file will max out at 256 (I think its 256 default...could be wrong...). Any value over 256 means its working.

It will not ALWAYS say a number over 256, the 256 is a LIMIT, if it needs more memory and the limit is still set to 256, it will stay at 256 and then make a new Memory Block, so if any number inside the Memory Log file shows over 256, it is working.

As for the other part of the ini file (the part about clearing invalid registrations), I do not know how this part functions. I know it is meant to clean up your save files. How it does it, and what exactly it does, I don't know.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Halde

Halde

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:32 AM

I'm not sure I understand all the confusion.. If you followed the instruction in the STEP 2.2.9 guide to the letter, your SKSE and Memory Patch 3.0 is installed. Since it is both a simple and fast procedure, the best thing you can do is remove SKSE and reinstall it, following STEP 2.2.9.

Even the part about file extensions is explained there...

#17 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'm not sure I understand all the confusion.. If you followed the instruction in the STEP 2.2.9 guide to the letter, your SKSE and Memory Patch 3.0 is installed. Since it is both a simple and fast procedure, the best thing you can do is remove SKSE and reinstall it, following STEP 2.2.9.

Even the part about file extensions is explained there...

I feel as though I did follow the 2.2.9 SKSE instructions to the letter. These are the one I followed:

https://wiki.step-pr...Recommendations

Obviously, something went wrong, but if I knew what it was, I wouldn't be asking for help ::):.

I think we are close to resolving this. The current issue is that I followed GunerX's advice to install MemoryBlocksLog. The purpose was to monitor the memory block utilization in the log file. I was able to locate the log file in the "Overwrite" area of MO, however I see that the first block continually caps at 256MB, which is not the expected result. If I understood correctly, the utilization should have be somewhere between 256-512MB.

It doesn't seem like SKSE is acknowledging the skse.ini file. Here are the current data paths:

Location of SKSI.INI = TSEV Skyrim LEModOrganizermodsskse 1 07 01

Location of Plugins = TSEV Skyrim LEDataSKSEPlugins

Thoughts?

#18 GunerX

GunerX

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Double check the ini file. The way SKSE does the memory block change is...."unique"...it needs to say this EXACTLY

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

The Default size is set to 768, this is a little missleading so some people change this value to 512. DONT.

I dont know why/how but the way SKSE does it is the DefaultHeap size MINUS the scrapheap size = total size.

aka: 768-256=512

If you have changed this you need to change it back.

If you have not changed this and it still isnt working...then I'm not sure what the issue is. Just keep working with it.

-edit-

and just to help you out a little, here is exactly how mine looks inside MO and mine works.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by GunerX, 21 August 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#19 Halde

Halde

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

These are my "trees"(I don't use a program to show the actual trees, but just read the toolbar).

This is the folder that appears when I rightclick "skse 1 07 01" and click "Open in explorer" in Mod Organizer.

Posted Image

This is the SKSE folder with the SKSE.ini

Posted Image

Edited by Halde, 21 August 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#20 GunerX

GunerX

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

I dont see the "plugin" folder in there. ??

#21 Halde

Halde

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

According to the STEP 2.2.9 instructions, there shouldn't be one.

• Right-click the SKSE mod in Mod Organizer and select Open in explorer.
  • Open the SKSE folder or create one if one does not exist.
  • In the SKSE folder, create skse.ini and paste inside it the following:

https://wiki.step-pr...Recommendations

Edited by Halde, 21 August 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#22 GunerX

GunerX

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

?? then where are you putting your safetyload.dll and memoryblock.dll ??? they belong in the plugin folder inside the skse folder

#23 Halde

Halde

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

I don't have them.

Doesn't Safety Load and Sheson's patch do the exact same thing? Allocate memory? It seems counterproductive to have two different sources fight to accomplish the same thing.

And Memory Blocks Log only tells you what the "[color=rgb(178,177,176);font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(47,55,66);]DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=" should be. I just have mine on 768, which is recommended by the STEP Staff, whom I trust:)[/color]

Edited by Halde, 21 August 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#24 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Some have said that they needed the -forcesteamloader argument for SKSE in order for it to work.

#25 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Alright, I'm stuck. I think we've been able to clearly diagnose the problem: Skyrim memory is being allocated in 256MB blocks, despite the SKSE.INI having been set to 768.

I've used the MemoryBlockDump plugin to confirm that this is true. I just don't know the reason why the .ini settings are not being acknowledged.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#26 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Did you try my suggestion?

#27 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

Did you try my suggestion?

No, because I don't understand it.  Where am I supposed to add that argument, and what is it supposed to do?

#28 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Then you should have asked for further clarification.

In believe you add in the bit DoubleYou is talking about here...

Posted Image

#29 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Then you should have asked for further clarification.

In believe you add in the bit DoubleYou is talking about here...

Posted Image

I tried making that change and it didn't work.

I found this thread: https://forums.nexus...editor/page-136

... seems like some other people have had this same issue and have work around the issue by using something called SSME. I will give that a shot when I have some time.

#30 GunerX

GunerX

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

SSME is the original memory block plugin. You need to install it directly into your skyrim folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users