Photo

ILS when fast travelling to Whiterun

Best Answer GunerX , 20 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

there is something you can do.

under the SKSE>PLUGINS folder you might already have MemoryBlockLog.dll and MemoryBlocksLog.ini, if not you should go find them. (I forget where I downloaded them from, google around for em) Open up MemoryBlocksLog.ini and at the top where it says EnableLog=false  Change this to =true.

SKSE will now output a log file showing you how much memory the game is using. You can use this to confirm SKSE.ini is working because if it isn't working then your Memory log file will max out at 256 (I think its 256 default...could be wrong...). Any value over 256 means its working.

It will not ALWAYS say a number over 256, the 256 is a LIMIT, if it needs more memory and the limit is still set to 256, it will stay at 256 and then make a new Memory Block, so if any number inside the Memory Log file shows over 256, it is working.

As for the other part of the ini file (the part about clearing invalid registrations), I do not know how this part functions. I know it is meant to clean up your save files. How it does it, and what exactly it does, I don't know.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 CovertSlinky

CovertSlinky

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Have you considered UAC as causing a problem? If you re-installed Skyrim when you began using STEP, there were instructions to install Skyrim outside of the "program files(x86)" folder so you can circumvent UAC, so I am curious if you did this? If not then you might need to run programs as an administrative level to prevent UAC from causing an issue with launching modded Skyrim, UAC can block those .dll plugins from hooking into the game. But, the problem with running as admin, is MO would have to be as well, but if you do that, and your browser is not set as admin level which is normal, MO will pop errors, cause that cannot be allowed, so your browser would then as well have to be set as admin, which I would not recommend. 

On the contrary, if the above isn't necessarily the case for you, are you running any of the programs with a mixed security level? I.e, you have TESV.exe setup to run as admin, but you don't have skse_loader.exe as admin, or vice-versa. Thought I'd throw my two cents in. Something to think about, maybe it'll help.

#32 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Have you considered UAC as causing a problem? If you re-installed Skyrim when you began using STEP, there were instructions to install Skyrim outside of the "program files(x86)" folder so you can circumvent UAC, so I am curious if you did this? If not then you might need to run programs as an administrative level to prevent UAC from causing an issue with launching modded Skyrim, UAC can block those .dll plugins from hooking into the game. But, the problem with running as admin, is MO would have to be as well, but if you do that, and your browser is not set as admin level which is normal, MO will pop errors, cause that cannot be allowed, so your browser would then as well have to be set as admin, which I would not recommend. 

On the contrary, if the above isn't necessarily the case for you, are you running any of the programs with a mixed security level? I.e, you have TESV.exe setup to run as admin, but you don't have skse_loader.exe as admin, or vice-versa. Thought I'd throw my two cents in. Something to think about, maybe it'll help.

Thanks for the suggestion. UAC is turned off, and was not enabled when I installed Skyrim, so I don't think it is a factor.

#33 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

It looks like the problem is resolved.

Installing SSME results in the proper allocation of memory, confirmed by MemoryBlocksLog. A huge thank you to GunerX for suggesting the MemoryBlocksLog mod, which resulted in a proper diagnosis and methodology for confirming a solution.

I'm not quite clear on why the SKSE.INI does not function properly, but since other people seem to have had this exact same problem with SKSE, and have resolved it by using SSME, there is at least a possibility that there is an issue with SKSE.

Anyways, I am going to do some in game testing tonight and will post the results.

Edited by Paes, 22 August 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#34 GunerX

GunerX

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

It looks like the problem is resolved.

Installing SSME results in the proper allocation of memory, confirmed by MemoryBlocksLog. A huge thank you to GunerX for suggesting the MemoryBlocksLog mod, which resulted in a proper diagnosis and methodology for confirming a solution.

I'm not quite clear on why the SKSE.INI does not function properly, but since other people seem to have had this exact same problem with SKSE, and have resolved it by using SSME, there is at least a possibility that there is an issue with SKSE.

Anyways, I am going to do some in game testing tonight and will post the results.

Glad to hear you got this working.

Im not sure why your SKSE.ini is not working properly. Mine works with no trouble at all. I also used SSME before I knew that SKSE had its own built in memory block plugin. Removed SSME, SKSE.ini still works for me. I usually get to around 308 on the high side, havnt really found a place that will get it to go higher (maybe someone knows of a good spot to test it?).

Is SAFETYLOAD working for you now?

#35 Paes

Paes

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Glad to hear you got this working.

Im not sure why your SKSE.ini is not working properly. Mine works with no trouble at all. I also used SSME before I knew that SKSE had its own built in memory block plugin. Removed SSME, SKSE.ini still works for me. I usually get to around 308 on the high side, havnt really found a place that will get it to go higher (maybe someone knows of a good spot to test it?).

Is SAFETYLOAD working for you now?

No, I removed it, since it didn't seem to be doing anything. I am going to leave things the way they are right now because it looks like everything is stable.

I played for a few hours last night and did a bunch of fast travel tests, and never had a freeze or ILS, so I am marking this issue as solved. Thanks again for helping me through this.

#36 GunerX

GunerX

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

Just so you know, there is a SafetyLoad standalone plugin on Nexus. (its the plugin that the SKSE plugin is based on)

Give it a shot maybe.

#37 supra93

supra93

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Had this exact issue. Adding the -forcesteamloader argument in MO for SKSE solved it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users