Photo

Move existing install of MO to another drive

move installation change path

Best Answer phazer11 , 21 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Install Mod Organizer via the installer to the drive you want it to be on and then just copy the Mod Organizer folder (an actually copy-paste) from the drive it's on now to the drive you just installed MO on. Check to make sure it works before deleting your current Mod Organizer setup though. I think that's how it's done anyways.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KBoom

KBoom

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

I have MO installed in G: drive and wanted to move it to D: (SSD).

I currently have STEP installed and set up and don't want to lose all the configuration and having to install again.

How do I proceed?

I have noticed the backup option but I don't know if it's enough and where I locate the backup to restore later.

#2 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:36 PM   Best Answer

Install Mod Organizer via the installer to the drive you want it to be on and then just copy the Mod Organizer folder (an actually copy-paste) from the drive it's on now to the drive you just installed MO on. Check to make sure it works before deleting your current Mod Organizer setup though. I think that's how it's done anyways.

#3 KBoom

KBoom

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Thank you :D

Working perfectly :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: move, installation, change, path

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users