Unable to install mod through MO

Crimson13

Question

When I try to install this mod through MO I get an error saying: None of the available installer plugins were able to handle that archive. Doing both manually and downloaded give the same error, however it's only the main file that gives the issue. The others appear to work fine. 

11 answers to this question

CDN gave the same error for me, guess I'll wait it out. I went through the forums of Deserters Fortress and it doesn't look like anyone has my issue, I left a comment just in case though. Since the error mentions 'available installer plugins' could it be something like turning on one of the disabled plugins in MO?

No! It's not that. I had that error at least 4 times while setting up my current mod setup and I, being an impatient person, found a fix!Go to the downloads folder, find the archive in question, unzip it to a subfolder with the name of the mod, then archive that folder back into a .rar. Then go to the MO "Install from File" button and nav to that archive (if you just gave it a simple name matching the name of the mod but without extra version number stuff it should be easy). Then it will install normally. Sometimes it will ask you for an ID when you do this. Just grab the little 5-digit number from the Nexus URL to the mod and it will sort it out, sometimes ask you which file it is, in which case you select the one you downloaded and then it somehow works itself out. Sometimes it doesn't ask for the ID at all but if you right click the installed mod, click information, go to Nexus tab it works... So it somehow worked. :)So in short, minus rambling:1. Go to your MO downloads folder and find the archive that is misbehaving.2. Unzip the archive to a subfolder with a name matching the name of the mod that is different from the original archive (So you can tell it apart)3. Use MO Install From File button to install your new archive.4. If it asks for an ID, drop the Nexus ID into it from the URL

5. If it then asks which file, pick the file you downloaded from the list it pops up. 6. Profit? Profit.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

No! It's not that. I had that error at least 4 times while setting up my current mod setup and I, being an impatient person, found a fix!Go to the downloads folder, find the archive in question, unzip it to a subfolder with the name of the mod, then archive that folder back into a .rar. Then go to the MO "Install from File" button and nav to that archive (if you just gave it a simple name matching the name of the mod but without extra version number stuff it should be easy). Then it will install normally. Sometimes it will ask you for an ID when you do this. Just grab the little 5-digit number from the Nexus URL to the mod and it will sort it out, sometimes ask you which file it is, in which case you select the one you downloaded and then it somehow works itself out. Sometimes it doesn't ask for the ID at all but if you right click the installed mod, click information, go to Nexus tab it works... So it somehow worked. :)So in short, minus rambling:1. Go to your MO downloads folder and find the archive that is misbehaving.2. Unzip the archive to a subfolder with a name matching the name of the mod that is different from the original archive (So you can tell it apart)3. Use MO Install From File button to install your new archive.4. If it asks for an ID, drop the Nexus ID into it from the URL

5. If it then asks which file, pick the file you downloaded from the list it pops up. 6. Profit? Profit.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Please indicate the archive where this is the case, as I think it is more likely that you are now installing a corrupted archive, which will cause problems. It is possible, however, that the mod author zipped a file in using an incompatible method, for which that would be the proper method for resolution.

Please indicate the archive where this is the case, as I think it is more likely that you are now installing a corrupted archive, which will cause problems. It is possible, however, that the mod author zipped a file in using an incompatible method, for which that would be the proper method for resolution.

Also, some FNV mods are .fomod archives inside a .zip archive which MO doesn't like that much.

This happened to me on MorePerks and BetterCass (tho I'm no longer using Better Cass as I decided to go with NVR3).

And I was doing my own thing, but I just found the Fear and Loathing guide and am considering adjusting to add more of it. It is mostly what I was doing anyway. Just still having issues getting textures to work in game at all, so at this point I was at a stand still waiting for (hoping for) some answer to how to make textures work. ^^ (Hence my other thread). 

Using M.O. v1.3.11

Unable to install FWE with M.O. getting exception error. post-8116-0-26915000-1444887128_thumb.png    post-8116-0-93888200-1444887163_thumb.png Anyone know what the cause of this may be?

Oh yea, and how to fix it. :unsure:

I'm thinking that in configure settings & workarounds, Plugins tab, Fomod installer should be set to false and Fomod installer (external) should be enabled.

I'm assuming the NCC is part of M.O. but when I select Fomod installer (external) there is a description: Installer for all fomod archives. Requires NCC to be installed. What is NCC and where can I get it (also what version am I looking for?)

Edited by minusESP