• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Breems

Breems

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

I'm not sure if I ran into a unique case or not, but I thought I'd post my workaround here just in case someone else stumbles across this.

My PC came with .NET Framework 4.5, but MO was still throwing this error. I tried another workaround posted here regarding changing registry values, but that didn't do the trick. Here's what I had to do:

• Control Panel ---> Programs ---> Turn Windows features on or off
  • Enable .NET Framework 3.5

That's it.

#2 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

MO updated recently and probably changed its method of checking for it, which is why the registry change wouldn't work.

#3 Breems

Breems

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

MO updated recently and probably changed its method of checking for it, which is why the registry change wouldn't work.

Gotcha. Is it specifically checking for v3.5? It seems so given the fix I applied.

#4 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

It's checking for 3.5 according to what I've only recently learned. It is because of the NMM code requiring dotNet. I still don't know if that is the actual version it uses, as I was under the impression that it required version 4+, in which case the warning would be looking for the wrong version. I'd have to research to find out if it actually requires that version or not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dotnet, framework, missing, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users