Totally solved (thanks to the heroes of STEP) - STEP Extended (full) : horizontal lines in the distance (far away)

PingouinMalin

Question

Hi,

I have completed the STEP Extended and I have, as far as I know respected every advice and order given and my game is running quite smoothly (it uses the full 2gb on my GTX 760 graphic card but I guess it is normal), apart from on slight problem. I have not added anything yet to it (no Enb for instance).

As shown here :

Posted Image

or here :

It does not appear to be visible on rocks or trees or water. Only ground (or grass maybe ?).

Posted Image

I think this is unrelated but I see kind of lines too on people with dark skin :

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Fair Skinned people do not have this problem (or it is not visible).

Anyone has any idea what the problem might be ?
Edited by PingouinMalin

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Try these shadow settings and see if the issue is resolved:

fShadowDistance=4000.0000fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000fShadowBiasScale=1.0000iBlurDeferredShadowMask=4iShadowMapResolution=2048iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048iShadowSplitCount=2iShadowFilter=3iShadowMode=3iShadowMaskQuarter=4bShadowMaskZPrepass=0bDeferredShadows=1bDrawShadows=1bFloatPointRenderTarget=0

Of course, change bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 if ENB is enabled.

DoubleYou : I just tried your settings, but it did not work.

It's hard to be sure but the effect almost looks worse (more visible) when moving the sight horizontally. It does not flicker but nearly.

I tried better but STEAM takes pretty crappy pics and the faded colors of Skyrim do not help. There is a tower in the distance, in the center of the pic. Right under it, slightly on the right is a zone where the lines can be seen (if you have good eyes, I'll admit).

Posted Image

I've been wondering if the optimization with DDSopt could be the source of the problem. I had no clue whatsoever of something gone wrong and I dutifully respected every step but still.

Bah, this week-end I wanted to try to install Revisited anyway. I might just as well also try unchecking checking every mod on my extended install, just in case. Especially the "distant" ones.

OK, NOW I see it ... I just did not zoom in enough o_O

Very strange. I have not seen this before. It looks like a brick wall pattern superimposed on mid-distance landscapes --but not rocks, trees, water or sky-- so it is probably a LOD issue or something to do with the terrain textures.

To rule out video-card artifacting, I would test with unaltered versions of all terrain textures. Is Terrain Bump installed? Could you remove any mods that provide terrain and see if this persists?

EDIT:

:ninja:

Seems like video card artifacts. Probably not INI settings. Load up Vanilla Oblivion or Fallout if you have them and check there.