Original Support Topic (feel free to create more specific support topics)

Kelmych

Question

Clear and Present Danger - A guide for modding Fallout 3

This thread is for reporting problems when using the "Clear and Present Danger guide for Fallout 3". This includes errors in the guide, problems in following the guide, problems with the mods included in the guide, and problems running Fallout 3 when following this guide.

Please post any problems such as these in this forum. It's also best to post them here vs. sending me a PM. Often I won't have an answer but the other readers of this forum might have a good answer.

You missed that part in the guide about moving ALL the plugins in 20th Century Weapons with ALIVE in their names to 'Optional'. I'd say one of those plugins is still active in your loadorder and the bashed patch included records from it.

Move all the ALIVE plugins to the 'Optional' tab and redo your bashed patch.

At least that's my take on it, I am always open to be shown another way. ;)

The only mod I know with a plugin that uses this as a master is ''20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr'', which has a ''20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn v1_70RC-18668-ALIVE (TEST Container).esp'' plugin. The instructions for this mod say to move 4 of the plugins in this mod to Optional ESPs so they aren't used, and this is one of the plugins that should have been moved. If it was active it should have had a warning symbol next to it in the right pane of MO indicating that there is a missing master.

That was it. Glossed over that one somehow, probably just mod fatigue. Looks ready to go. Final round of loot, redid the bashed again for overkill purposes, everything looks fine,should be ready to go.

Has anyone had issues with glowing Outcast armor?  I'm using the updated version of https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16199/? released here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18221/? which fixes the issue for me (I'll have to reduce to 2k), but wanted to see if anyone had the same problem. 

Ignore, I found out another mod caused the issue.

Edited by Adonis_VII