[Papyrus Debugging] CTD when trying to load after being in-game

tregolani

Question

Hey all!  Yes, I'm back with more problems...

Looking for a bit of help - I'm running into a bit of an obnoxious CTD issue with my load order.  While I'm playing normally, it's fine. Loading into new areas, combat, fast travelling, saving, quick-saving, etc.  However, anytime I try to load a saved game while playing (dying, quick-load, etc), CTD.  Every time, without fail. Everything works well as long as the game doesn't try to load a saved game from in-game.  Even quitting to Main Menu and loading from there after playing for any period of time in-game also CTDs.

The only times I've ever gotten it to load without CTD is after a crash, reboot the game, and do some rapid quick-loading (aka, trying to pickpocket someone without getting caught, F9 if caught). I haven't done this in a number of hours, so it might not work anymore either. 

Here's my installed modlist in Mod Organizer (in order of priority - higher mods overwrite lower ones):  Modlist Order

- Using STEP Extended + SPERG + Apocalypse Spell Package + a number of armor/weapon/location mods

And here's my LOOT-sorted Plugin load order:  LOOT-Sorted Plugins

Finally, here's my Papyrus log after about a 10 minute session of combat, ending with my death and a forced reload by the game (which resulted in a CTD): Papyrus Log

FYI: My PC Specs

EDIT:  I've noticed quite a few "errors" that are scripts calling to mods I don't have and don't use...are those causing my issues?  Also, would it be worth decompiling the called scripts and removing any callouts to mods I don't have?  I am a complete newbie to modifying scripts, so if that is something that would be terribly complicated, I might have to look at removing mods instead. Just read through the log again, looks like most of those "missing mod" callouts are harmless.  However, everything after line 258 seems to be where the problem would lie.

EDIT 2:  After a bit of digging, I may have found what was causing it.  I am using the mod (Enchantment Reload Fix) and apparently something in his previous version had a bad habit of causing CTDs on saved game loading.  This article was an update to his mod which was supposed to fix that issue. I am testing it today, and will let everyone know if this solves the issue.

Any help you can offer would be VERY appreciated!  

Thanks!

Edited by tregolani

2 answers to this question