Skyrim Distant Detail (by Kazoomie - Dovahsbane)

MadWizard25

There are five "Full-LOD"-esps:

Whiterun Tundra Creeks

Waterfall Effects

Morthal Swamp - Light

Morthal Swamp - Full

Giant Campfires

None of them conflict with Distant Detail esp wise, but they might do so in what they do ingame (various lods clip through another, etc...)

I think we could offer SDO as the main option (installing the Lite Swamps) and put in the note to use Distant Detail for performance STEP. Can someone actually measure the performance hit before we make the move though?

Test with FRAPS (not ENB) with vanilla vs SDO Lite vs SDO Full.

You can use the mod without all esps as well. The esps are only for the full lod flags of certain object lods! I think the author provides comparison shots for the various options of his mod. If better than vanilla, the base mod without lods would be core/baseline and with all esps the option for better rigs, wheras the full option would be for step-extended.

You can use the mod without all esps as well. The esps are only for the full lod flags of certain object lods! I think the author provides comparison shots for the various options of his mod. If better than vanilla' date=' the base mod without lods would be core/baseline and with all esps the option for better rigs, wheras the full option would be for step-extended.[/quote']

It would also be nice to determine the VRAM impact of full vs lite.

If you're using Hearthfire, one user last November reported a problem with the Morthal esps and the Hearthfire house near Morthal. I haven't checked yet in TES5Edit to see whether this mod actually adds objects to the cell that includes the Hearthfire house.

The author mentioned a few months ago working on a Hearthfire/Dawnguard addition.

Update: I checked the Morthal Complete esp and there are just 3 small worldspace object conflicts with the Hearthfire house. For these 3 objects the MHDT (max height data) and XLCN (location) rows need to either be copied to the morthal complete esp or a very small patch esp created that provides this. Ideally this could be in a general patch such as the one Neo has in SR; these 3 hearthfires.esm objects are overwritten by a lot of programs.

If you're using Hearthfire, one user last November reported a problem with the Morthal esps and the Hearthfire house near Morthal. I haven't checked yet in TES5Edit to see whether this mod actually adds objects to the cell that includes the Hearthfire house.

The author mentioned a few months ago working on a Hearthfire/Dawnguard addition.

Update: I checked the Morthal Complete esp and there are just 3 small worldspace object conflicts with the Hearthfire house. For these 3 objects the MHDT (max height data) and XLCN (location) rows need to either be copied to the morthal complete esp or a very small patch esp created that provides this. Ideally this could be in a general patch such as the one Neo has in SR; these 3 hearthfires.esm objects are overwritten by a lot of programs.

This is actually very useful info! Thanks for this, really appreciate. I was always wondering what MHDT is, and I could not find the answer anywhere...

If you use the Unique Region names mod the patch for these 3 records would also need to include the map name that it adds.

I didn't check the other two Hearthfire houses since I didn't think that the SDO esps would noticeably affect these areas; we'll need to check this also.

I haven't checked ingame yet to see the effect of using SDO near the Hearthfire houses.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post that this mod (distant detail) gave me frequent Inifinite Loading Screens. I followed STEP to the letter multiple times but could not get rid of frequent Inifitite Loading Screens. Then I disabled the ESP for this mod, and I rarely if ever get Inifinite Load screens. I do miss the mod, terrain popping into view is now much more obvious, but I'd rather do with that than the loading screens.

I am running a 3770k @ 4.6ghz, 8GB 2133 RAM, and SLi GTX 760 2GB so my hardware shouldn't be a limitation.

Has anyone else experienced this with this mod? I don't think it was a load order issue since I use BOSS.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...