Photo

No OHud options in MC (F&L pack)

Best Answer EssArrBee , 05 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

The biggest problem with that section of the guide is that you have to be extremely careful when adding new mods.

Basic procedure for mods that need FOMM:

1) Deactivate all UI mods.

1a) If a mod needs to be seen by new mod then leave it activated. (ex. PN - Extra Options needs PN to be activated)

2) Install new mod with FOMM.

3) Reactivate all UI mods.

4) Reactivate UHUD.

Also, one of the PN modules and IMCNNV are not compatible. Make sure you check into that so you don't have a conflict with those mods.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'm running F&L with a few extra mods. I installed by the guide for the most part. I started right after I'd done installs for huds on MO through NMM and imported it to MO. I am running OHud, PN, MCM, Uhud project and a few others that are relative to mods (like JIP command and control, and IMCNNV Hud) I'm not getting all of them on my MCM tho. Ohud has no config there. Neither does IMCNNV (tho the hud element does show up). I have PN and JIP CC working fine, but the ones that aren't showing up are a shame because I can't change my hud elements at all. It's extra sad because for some reason, it won't let me change the default menu color away from amber (which I hate. I want it blue darnit!) even tho I set it to blue in the menu. It let me change the hud part, but not the menu part. The setting is set to blue, but still shows Amber, I should say.  I wanted to be able to resize elements and such, so I kinda needed OHUD configurable. Any idea what could be causing it?

Here's my modlist:

Active Mod Files:

Thanks so much!

#2 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

High King

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

Um, there's no Mod config menu for OHud. Unless you mean IHud?

#3 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

There should three menus, immersive HUD, extra HUD, and one other I forget the name. One HUD is actually the combination of gopher's three HUD mods.

#4 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

Yeah as far as the page description says, there should be three. There's none.  Any idea how to fix? I installed all the huds except MCM, Ohud and Uhud and then did those three last.

Edited by StupidFox, 04 September 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#5 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

The order they are in matters. It should DarnUI, PN, all other HUD related mods, OneHUD, flashlight nvse, and then uHUD.

#6 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

I didn't use Darn or Flashlight, but they are in that order. I was just reading back over your instructions for installing all the hud stuff, and while you install them with FOMM Fork, how do you get them all to see each other? I was instructed (elsewhere on this subforum) to install all the hud uis through NMM then import them through MO since in MO's VFS they can't see each other which stops Uhud from working (and PN Extras for that matter).  So how is your method getting them to see each other? It's the MCM that is missing parts, so I wonder if there's any way to edit it's config or anything to tell it I have those.

#7 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

Well anything run through the executable drop down can see the VFS. The internal installer can see it as well, but the external installer cannot. The external installer is needed for those mods with separate scripted installers.

#8 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

So, what do you recommend I do to fix this? Should I uninstall all the UI mods and reinstall them through Fomm-Fork through the internal installer? 

Or should I just reinstall MCM that way? Obviously the method I was directed to before didn't work properly.

Edited by StupidFox, 04 September 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#9 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hmm. On that.

You say in the F&L guide:

Install the main file.
Install the MCM Bugfix 2 file and when ask click [Merge], not [Replace].
Now in the left pane of MO, double-click "the Mod Configuration Menu" and select the Conflicts tab.
In the top box, find .../menus/options/start_menu.xml and right click, then select "Hide". If it is not there ignore this step.

So you don't actually suggest the MCM to be installed with FOMM installer anyway.

How is it supposed to see the other mods then? 
That's the problem that was being addressed in the other thread here that I mentioned before. 
Because they are kept in separate folders, some of these huds had trouble seeing each other. 
I know when I installed PN Extras before it was not able to see all of PN. 

And that's part of why I did a full start-over on my modding because I wasn't able to get them to work.

#10 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:16 PM

Only the mods that need to be installed with FOMM have instructions for it. Most mods don't need to see the other mods. PN - extra options need to see PN. OneHUD needs to PN. UHUD needs to see everything. Any others that need to be installed with FOMM are that way because the installer doesn't play well with MO, internal or external installer.

#11 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

That is interesting.  So what method would you say is likely safest for me to reinstall MCM to get it working with Ohud and such since it doesn't have all the options it should?

#12 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

You would install MCM, the bugfix 2 file, then reinstall OneHUD, then run uHUD.

#13 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

Followed your instructions and it got Onehud to show up! Woot!  But it still didn't show IMCNNV hud in MCM. So I tried installing IMCNNV through FOMM since when I installed it through MO, Uhud didn't detect it.  It detected it then, but when I put it in , it says it has a bunch of overwrites from MCM (Ie MCM is overwriting IMCNNV). ANd in MCM there is no menu for IMCNNV so I can't move its hud element at all. Which kinda sucks because it's partly off screen. Any idea how I can fix that?   

#14 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:20 AM   Best Answer

The biggest problem with that section of the guide is that you have to be extremely careful when adding new mods.

Basic procedure for mods that need FOMM:

1) Deactivate all UI mods.

1a) If a mod needs to be seen by new mod then leave it activated. (ex. PN - Extra Options needs PN to be activated)

2) Install new mod with FOMM.

3) Reactivate all UI mods.

4) Reactivate UHUD.

Also, one of the PN modules and IMCNNV are not compatible. Make sure you check into that so you don't have a conflict with those mods.

#15 StupidFox

StupidFox

Thane

• Citizen
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:51 AM

And again sir you are correct. :) I will turn off IMCNNV. I didn't realize PN messed with the needs. :) Thank you so much for all your help with me getting this started. I don't know how I'd have gotten this far without your guides and your help. I wish there was something I could do to help you back. 

I hope you have a great week. ^^

Edited by StupidFox, 05 September 2014 - 04:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users