Not likely, ENB Series is actually a game engine fix/upgrade at this point and is getting more and more optimized. There will be a post processing pack that gives different configurations we recommend likely including versions that are compatible with RCRN and RLWC.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ENB with no SSAO and DOF (only fixes, shadows and dograys) has a minimal impact on performance (but ofc if your rig is lower than medium, its different) and its a major improvement. You can use it over any visual mod you want (rcrn, cot etc) no reason you should not pick it.

Well' date=' ENB with no SSAO and DOF (only fixes, shadows and dograys) has a minimal impact on performance (but ofc if your rig is lower than medium, its different) and its a major improvement. You can use it over any visual mod you want (rcrn, cot etc) no reason you should not pick it.[/quote']

I wouldn't call my rig "lower than medium", it's an i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz and a GeForce GTX 580 @ 825/2060 MHz, but there still is a 25%+ performance impact with SSAO/DoF/SkyLighting disabled, which is not minimal by any means.

Well' date=' ENB with no SSAO and DOF (only fixes' date=' shadows and dograys) has a minimal impact on performance (but ofc if your rig is lower than medium, its different) and its a major improvement. You can use it over any visual mod you want (rcrn, cot etc) no reason you should not pick it.[/quote'']

I wouldn't call my rig "lower than medium", it's an i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz and a GeForce GTX 580 @ 825/2060 MHz, but there still is a 25%+ performance impact with SSAO/DoF/SkyLighting disabled, which is not minimal by any means.

It must be your ini settings and any non STEP mods you've got, I don't get nearly that kind of impact with a 2Ghz CPU and a GTX 460 1GB

Yes' date=' incompatible with CoT, but CoT isn't the mod to end all mods, you can like rcrn more and use it, and if you have not issues with it, use also a vanilla enb on top of it. You have clearly problems using ENB, just don't use it.[/quote']

I've never said that Climates of Tamriel is a mod that everyone needs to have, but IMHO it's the best weather mod out there, and probably a must-have for anyone looking to build a semi-realistic Skyrim with mods.

As to me having problems with using ENB, that's clearly not true. I test 3 different configs whenever they're updated and do so whilst maintaining rather stable fps at 2560x1440, but the fps impact is very noticeable, the reason why I mentioned it. I think other users have reported it as well, JudgementJay and thalastwon from what I remember.

RCRN's performance impact is probably much less noticeable in practice, but I've yet to thoroughly test it.

Oh and other mods can be made compatible with rcrn using tes5edit' date=' i've already fixed tons of incompatibilities with it that i wasn't even aware of, and they were not caused by rcrn, but by unsospectable mods.

[/quote']

Fair point, but that further complicates the STEP install, if you have decided to include RCRN and conflicting mods, that is.

Well' date=' ENB with no SSAO and DOF (only fixes' date=' shadows and dograys) has a minimal impact on performance (but ofc if your rig is lower than medium, its different) and its a major improvement. You can use it over any visual mod you want (rcrn, cot etc) no reason you should not pick it.[/quote'']

It must be your ini settings and any non STEP mods you've got, I don't get nearly that kind of impact with a 2Ghz CPU and a GTX 460 1GB

I use Ultra preset with AF and AA disabled (SMAA and AF forced through ENB is used instead) at 2560x1440. Vertical Sync forced off in drivers, Ambient Occlusion disabled, Texture Filtering set to Clamp.

You're using anecdotal evidence to prove your point (or TC's, for that matter). Ask JJ who has a 3x more powerful setup than me, yet he still notices the ENB impact, even with some effects disabled.

The only ini tweaks I've got are the following:

Skyrim.ini:

[Display]

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0

fDecalLifetime=750.0

[General]

sIntroSequence=

iLargeIntRefCount=999999

fFlickeringLightDistance=8192

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Camera]

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderPosZ=10.0

fOverShoulderPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=10.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-72.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=50.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosX=35.0

fActorFadeOutLimit=-100

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=60.0

f1st3rdSwitchDelay=0.95

iHorseTransitionMillis=001

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

[Cart]

fWheelAngDamp=0.1100

fMass=240.0000

fFriction=100.0000

fGravMult=7.0000

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Display]

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=2

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=350

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

[Water]

iWaterReflectHeight=1024

iWaterReflectWidth=1024

[Controls]

bMouseAcceleration=0

I'd be inclined to do a quick comparison of a few different ENB configs on my setup and their fps impact, if you're interested. Heck, I'd do it anyway, I've already spoken to JJ about doing that, it would be a good community effort if we combined the results across different machines.