Wrye Bash weird error message when apply BCFs

Vict

Question

Good evening.

When i try to apply BCFs to mods like Real Ice or Trees HD i get this error and nothing happen, there are no change inside either mod archives or bash installers folder:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "bashbasher.pyo", line 10767, in Execute  File "bashbosh.pyo", line 7210, in apply  File "bashbosh.pyo", line 7483, in unpackTypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, Path found

Havn't changed the mods/bcf archives names, just downloaded from provided links in STEP 2.2.9 and dropped them inside Bash Installers/ and Bain Converters/ ( tried to upack or modify them too but conversion>apply was greyed out instead)

I couldn't find another thread on this very forum or in others around the internet about my issue and so i create an account and opened this thread hoping someone could tell me how to fix it.

3 answers to this question

WB is no longer supported by STEP as we've switched to MO. WB is only used for the Bashed Patch now. Therefore, the BCFs could be out of date, not working with new updates to the mods or WB, etc. I don't think there is anyone left on the Staff that still uses WB as a mod manager to even troubleshoot them. The BCFs will eventually be removed from the mod pages and if they are indeed no longer working, the time to do that might be sooner than later.

Oh, I can update this....

Yes, I am getting these constantly now...

Why?

I have no idea...

It may be related to one archive being .rar and the other being .7z

I don't know how to fix it.

The BCFs that I had created just don't work anymore. The only thing that has changed is:

Reinstalled everything to C:GamesOblivionSteamAppscommonOblivion

(stupid steam)

and I updated to beta WB

I doubt anyone will be able to answer but I am just documenting that its a thing

It may be broken for when the Oblivion install changed