Dawnguard Now Available On Steam

I like how it went from "We haven't even announced it on your platform and we have 0 information for you" to released in like 3 days.

Right??  As soon as I saw that post my eyes rolled.  Anyways, let the tsunami of mods come!

On a STEP note, I imagine we'll create a Pack for the Dawnguard mods at some point when the developers have had time to sink their teeth in (get it!? Vampires! Hah! :down: ), so let's just hope that the DLC is non-invasive for the rest of STEP until then.

Well' date=' I just installed it. As far as I can tell it just added the Dawnguard.esm file (BOSS already updated, Wrye reports missing localization files) and the Skyrim version is still 1.7.7 ...[/quote']

Cool, I'll get around to it eventually, make sure to pay extra attention for bugs in the Vanilla game that might be caused by Dawnguard.

Well, I'm having a heck of a time with my load order and dawnguard, I think I'm going to have to start over and check compatibilities again... damned.

I can't even make it through Helgen without a CTD, was rock solid before Dawnguard.

The new STEP guide will be available shortly (although completely untested for 1.7 and dawnguard), for now just don't install the hardcore pack, as those are the only mods that might cause problems (obviously definitely don't install non step mods unless they have specifically been updated for dawnguard).

I think WATER was incompatible until today, which is obviously (or was) a STEP mod. So need to make sure 1.5 or above is used for Dawnguard. There are a few others incompatible as well, they should get sorted in the next few days hopefully.

Edit: Looks like USKP 1.1 is not compatible with Dawnguard either... lol fun times. Source.

Which also means it's NOT a good idea to continue distributing loose file installs either because that would guarantee whatever Dawnguard has done to DA04 is permanently broken. Bethesda has thus made it crystal clear that BSA files are the way to go.

Awesome... :wallbash:

I really hate dealing with BSAs, makes it so much more annoying to tinker with the files.  Obviously good for those who want to "click-and-play", but for something like STEP this will get annoying.  It also means you'll have to deal with the load order of BSAs on top of ESPs.