Viewable Faction Ranks (by Reath1)

Nearox

• 3 months later...

I think this is a strange addition to STEP... A mod that just adds information in the form of a Mod Configuration Menu?

I don't really have a valid point, it doesn't seem like a STEP mod to me.

Edited by TorNyan

The point is the info it adds. This was something missing from the base game. It's not that important but many like it.

I suppose the problem I have is how it is implemented. I don't really have a better solution but having having to go to your MCMs (that mainly provide *settings*) to see your Faction Ranks is un-immersive and a bit out of place IMO. Also it would clutter people's MCMs.

Also I'm thinking of the stated reason as of why Blessings was removed, which was also in the Interface category.

Adds information the player should find out on their own. Read books, explore, ... remember.

Edited by TorNyan

That last quote doesn't apply here because there isn't any way to "find out on your own" which factions you belong to, at any given time, in the vanilla game. You only find out which factions you belong to when doing those quests. Likewise, this mod only displays the factions which you belong to. So you're never finding out any information which you shouldn't already know. This mod just adds a way to keep track of that information. Would it be more immersive if the author provided a version which the information is in a journal that would update as you progress? Probably. But until that version comes along, this is the next best thing.