Does Deactivating Unified HUD in FOMM require a new install of every mod?

Makornak

Question

Last night I added FPS Weapon Wheel and JIP Companions and Control since they seemed very helpful. Since they are part of the Unified HUD Project, I deactivated uHUD in FOMM (thinking this worked the same way as Nexus Mod Manager) and reactivated it. Now my game loads with no mouse or menu. I reread the UI section of the guide and saw

"A word of caution for users that try add mods post install to this section, say JIP Selective Fire or Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision, be careful installing with FOMM - Fork. When installing new mods and then having to rerun Unified HUD Project, DO NOT deactivate it. Instead reactivate the mod and then move the files from the Overwrite folder to the Unified HUD Project folder. Otherwise files get deleted from MO's virtual directory and will cause many nightmares. Maybe even banishment, jail time, or death."

Since I have committed the most egregious sin, is the only option left to make a new profile on MO and start over? I already reinstalled all of the UI section to see if that would fix it, but it appears more files are affected by this deletion of MO's directories.

11 answers to this question

Oh, sorry, I read that as you had no error.

Okay, you deactivate all the mods in the list after FPS Weapon Wheel, so from JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating to the end of UI section. Install weapon wheel using the guide directions.

Activate mods up to the JIP CCC mod, then install it using the directions in the guide. Reactivate everything else in the UI section and then run UHUD.

If that doesn't work you'll need to reinstall DarnUI with MO not FOMM, then go into the PN archive and extract the DarnUI files into PN as the way the guide says. Make sure tutorial_menu.xml and start_menu.xml from PN are not overwritten, if so then hide the overwriting file. Then you may need to deactivate everything after OneHUD, reinstall OneHUD with FOMM, move the files from Overwrite to the OneHUD folder and then rerun UHUD and do the same with the files in Overwrite. Then reactivate the UI mods.

Oh, sorry, I read that as you had no error.

Okay, you deactivate all the mods in the list after FPS Weapon Wheel, so from JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating to the end of UI section. Install weapon wheel using the guide directions.

Activate mods up to the JIP CCC mod, then install it using the directions in the guide. Reactivate everything else in the UI section and then run UHUD.

If that doesn't work you'll need to reinstall DarnUI with MO not FOMM, then go into the PN archive and extract the DarnUI files into PN as the way the guide says. Make sure tutorial_menu.xml and start_menu.xml from PN are not overwritten, if so then hide the overwriting file. Then you may need to deactivate everything after OneHUD, reinstall OneHUD with FOMM, move the files from Overwrite to the OneHUD folder and then rerun UHUD and do the same with the files in Overwrite. Then reactivate the UI mods.

Even after following these directions, the game still loads with no mouse or menu.

After disabling mods on the left side of MO, I have narrowed down the problem to my New Vegas Uncut Series Merged file. All the other mods can be activated and the game loads fine; however, when this one is activated, the game does not load the mouse or menu. I followed all the directions in the guide perfectly. Perhaps the problem is with Pacers Gambit? I had uncut series 1-5 merged and they worked fine, but when I included Pacers this bug has started to appear.

That's what I ended up doing. Now I am getting these errors on start up:

https://i.imgur.com/fkBzgsq.png

https://i.imgur.com/dxpZitt.png

Even after uninstalling and reinstalling parts of the UI, I still get this error.

I uninstalled JIP Companions Command and Control, one less headache to worry about.

Project Nevada is a necessary mod in my opinion, so I am not gonna give up on it so easily. I have narrowed down the problem to Advanced Recon Range Finder, JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating, and Unified HUD Project. All of these mods conflict with Project Nevada's /menus/prefabs/includes_HUDMainMenu.xml file. If I hide them for each individual mod, except for Project Nevada, the message goes away. My only worry here is even though the messages disappear, it does not mean that all the errors disappear. This file seems integral for all 4 mods, especially Unified HUD since it is one of the 2 files that it comes with.

Does anyone have insight into this problem?