Mods without .esp files aren't loading (example, Darnified UI)

BishyT

Question

I've been encountering some issues recently with Mod Organizer when it comes to mods that don't use/require .esp files.

For example, Darnified UI 132 (.7z version) doesn't use an esp file, as it's intended to be used as a replacer.

Then there are body replacers like Robert's Male Body and HGEC. Although they include .esp files, they're not nessecarily needed, and it's also recommended that the .esp files not be used alongside Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 to avoid conflicts.

Anyways, i'm using the Steam version of Oblivion GOTY with OBSE. I know that OBSE is working because Blockhead works (allowing me to move the camera about in chargen). I know that the Mod Organizer OBSE hook is working, as Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 will work.

However, neither Darnified UI nor the body replacers i'm using have any effect, and the only thing they have in common is that they're not using .esp files.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm using the latest version of MO, 1.2.11.

Make sure that you have set up Mod Organizer correctly and using it correctly:

• In Workarounds, ensure that Steam AppID is 22330
  • Also ensure that load mechanism is set to Script Extender
  • Ensure that OBSE is installed to the game directory. OBSE and any related plugins must be installed manually.
  • Ensure that the Archive Invalidation BSA is at the top of the Archives tab
  • Oblivion must be launched directly from Steam, not from Mod Organizer

Make sure that you have set up Mod Organizer correctly and using it correctly:

• In Workarounds, ensure that Steam AppID is 22330
  • Also ensure that load mechanism is set to Script Extender
  • Ensure that OBSE is installed to the game directory. OBSE and any related plugins must be installed manually.
  • Ensure that the Archive Invalidation BSA is at the top of the Archives tab
  • Oblivion must be launched directly from Steam, not from Mod Organizer

I had all of that set. I just double-checked to make sure the Steam ID was correct, and it is.